Bad top Surface Quality

Hi,

I recently started having a strange problem. Today I wanted to print a housing for a PCB. Nothing unusual, simple design. During printing, when the printer started to print the top surface layer, I noticed that the “bridges” between the infill structures looked strange. As if they had sunk in. The end result is also really bad. Does anyone have any advice or which way to look?

Try using more percentage of infill along with an infill pattern such as gydroid. This will support the top layers better.

How many top layers are you printing?

1. I am using the standard 0.12mm profile with bambu pla. I also noticed that the spacers (round things in the image) are in pretty poor qualtiy. Normally they should be pretty straight and not so fat like in this picture

Last week I had problems with a leftover Bambulab PETG (needed red for a warning label and only had that left).

Solution: Sliced by Generic PETG. RFID tag ripped from the spool and everything was wonderful.

If a racing car goes to maximum load and just one particle is not adjusted 100% correctly, it will race through the guardrail…If it still causes problems at 80% load, you have a more serious problem were you may need to look at and not just a speck of dust that may be gone with the next roll of fillament…

What material are you printing and what speed are you printing at?

i am printing with bambu pla at stock bambu settings. FYI i got rid of that problem by exporting the model as step-file. Maybe there is something wrong with 3mf export and fusion360 or the current bambustudio

2 Likes