Bambu Filament availability?

I run a business involving 3D printing and need to pick a filament supplier I can rely on, with quick shipping and decent product for the Bambu X1. I have ordered BB Filament, but it seems to take an excessive amount of time in shipping, also much of what I need is often out of stock and cannot be ordered. I need a good suggestion for Bambu X1 AMS compatible filament in PLA Tough, PETG, and PETG-CF. Various colors in all categories and needs to be readily available anytime i need to order it.
anyone have any suggestions?

You must be far from a distribution center, I get my orders in 2 to 3 days on in-stock orders. Very Amazon like for me.

1 Like

BTW, which market are you in, all of the filaments you mentioned are in stock in my market (minus various colors)?

I agree to just4memike comment. When I order from Bambu my orders are processed within 2-3 days order to have it on the table. I only had once more waiting time as I took a special order as the PLA CMYK Lithophane Bundle just came out - that took 5 days. Still I do not have your delivery issues. And also - all the Bamboo filament are on stock in my Bambu Store (Europe).
Talking about other filament vendor - there are lengthly discussion here in this forum (and others like the Prusa Forum Printables) discussing filament that fits into the AMS or plays well with the printer.
You might consider a spool rewinder to respell carton spooled filament on a plastic spool that fits into the AMS.
The only answer I have for your delivery time topic is to buy in bigger quantities and by that you usually get a good discount too.
For further help it might be useful if you state where you are living so people from that area can give you some tips.

8 days.

1 Like

I am in Oregon, USA - outside of Portland. When I order anything from Bambu I expect between 7-10 days to have it delivered.

1 Like

OK - I am kind of shocked - so lucky me I am in Europe / Germany and I ordered the last weeks three time in a row different Bambu filament and always had 2-3 days delivery time.
So do I have to say: lucky me I live in good old Europe?
I assume there is a very limited number of distribution centers in the US.

I imagine the distance to a the distribution center makes a difference. The distro for me is Los Angeles and I’m less than 30 miles from it. I bet it just gets dumped in the “Last Mile” delivery bin once at UPS or Fed Ex and its done. But if you are a couple of hundred+ miles away, you’re just dumped in the economy bin and a wait is to be expected.

1 Like

alot of it has to do with the fact that my order will sit in LA for 3 days after bambu creates a label, before they actually ship it out.

That’s my experience as well, on every order from I’ve had from the LA location. It’s very frustrating to see that a shipping label was printed Thursday morning, but FedEx did not receive the package until Monday. I think the one order of “gratitude” PLA-CF shipped from the east coast, with less delay.

Fortunately, I don’t have an AMS and don’t need RFID tags. I have plenty of quicker-shipping sources for filament, so I need not be loyal to Bambu for that. (Cheaper too!)

IIIDMax I live in Florida and always get next day shipping. Location of supplier in same state. Very cost effective especially on their sales at holidays.

The average delivery time for me is 2-3 days (Netherlands). Not bad, but compared to ColorFabb it could be better (overnight shipping). The bigger issue is availability. I’m waiting for the PLA-CF Black to become available again. I received a mail that it was back in stock yesterday at 18.23, tried buying it around 19.30 and it was already sold out again. Had this happen a few times before.

For someone that relies on this filament as part of the business this really is challenging.

10 days if it shows up on time.

I have had good experiences concerning shipping time from the EU store but the filament availability is very poor. Filament appear to be out of stock more often than not and there are never any estimates on when they will be available. In addition to this, I have never received an email notification about filament being back in stock after registering for such notifications.

I am considering my options but I really like the AMS RFID thing and wish that Bambu Lab would “license” the use of this to other filament providers since they obviously can’t keep up with demand themselves.

Interesting. Where do you see that? I have never seen this on any filament. Only a button saying “Notify me when available”.

in bambu handy you have that on pc there is only notify box

Pc

Via bambu handy

Via normal browser

Thanks! In Handy on iOS as well as Safari on iOS I see that, but in Chrome on Windows 11 I do not.

In Canada, purchaesd an A1, but no stock of filament in stock at the time, so no discounted filament at that time. Support says they won’t honor the discopunt… And then they tell me that I can use my Filament Club membership I got with the printer… Nice, but no filament in stock for a month now

Not what I would classify as good cutomer service

1 Like