Bambu filament doesn't fit my Bambu Spool

Hi looking for some tips please, I bought a some 1kg Bambu filament without spools and just have found that one is a little too wide and the standard spool holder doesn’t clip together. Is there anything I can do to make it fit without either having to print my own, wider, spool or re-spool the plastic. I like the idea of spool free replacements but only if they fit the spools!

Thanks
Steve

Are you sure you’re fitting it right? I too thought that but turns out you need to align the filament spool to one of the spool pieces properly, there’s a notch that you need to match up

1 Like

I’m pretty certain I am. I’ve replaced a few other spools, have aligned arrows and can see that the two spool halves just aren’t meeting in the middle. The filament is wider than the central cardboard core. I’ve just opened another filament pack and it fits perfectly. So definitely a problem with the filament.

there was a shim you could print that you can put under the filament on that spool in case it does not fit
but thats all info i have as i dit not yet used a refill from bambu ( got to many filaments )