Bambu Lab PA6-GF Profiles not available yet?

I just purchaced and installed an AMS unit and 4 spools of Bambu Lab PA6-GF filament. AMS detected the filaments correctly, including colors. But when I open Bambu Studio (and Orca Slicer), I attempt tp sync with the AMS, I get a warning that reads: “There are some unknown filaments mapped to generic preset. Please update Orca Slicer or restart Orca Slicer to check if there is an update to system presets.”

any help apreciated.

Update:
see post below for details on how to get the profile.

2 Likes

i installed Bambu Studio beta and when i sync’d with the AMS it added Bambu profiles to them. But the PA6-GF profile seems to be locked to X1Carbon printers, when i open Orca Slicer it only shows up if i change my printer to X1C, But I use a P1s with custom profile. Now after trying for a long time to export or sync those profiles (i even made my own copy) to Orca, it just wont work.

I am now creating profiles from scratch on orca for the P1S, using the Bambu Studio PA6-GF data. Then I will run the Orca calibrations and dialthem in. I should be printing soon. Below are the unmodified settings from Bambu Studio for PA6-GF

1 Like

Bl00dy rascals! Same here. Just bought some PA6-GF, as I have been using Polymaker and no presets available for me either. Needed to get an urgent job out ASAP. My AMS did not recognise the RFID at first now it has, but when i sync BStudio does not recognise this material. So disappointed as I bought thinking it would have been nicely tuned by bambu. It’s been a few weeks since release and this is bad to be honest.

Do these settings work well?

1 Like

Those are the settings from the Bambu official profile for I found in the Studio Beta. You have to install the latest beta to get the filament rfid recognized.

I am NOT using those settings though.
265 nozzle temp prints ok, but layer adhesion is meh in my destructive tests. I am printing at 290c. Also the 10.5 Max Volumetric Flow speed is way too fast, I took it down to 7.

I print mechanical prints, where perfect walls and dimensions is the goal, so that’s what’s working for me. If you don’t care about how strong the parts are or defects on the exteriors, the. The defaults I posted above should work fine.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I been printing non stop with it on my AMS since I got it last week.

If you want I can send you the profile I am currently using for the filament tonight when I get home. But you can just make one right now with the data above and then fine tune with the orca calibrations.

If you could send me that profile, that would be fantastic! Thanks. Beta locked off by IT. My polymaker profile was 290-300, and those parts were super strong after final baking, so makes sense. Polymaker also wanted bed fan off.

If your printer is stock, I suggest you use the default cooling and fan settings from the Bambu profile above. Please ignore the settings for the aux fan and chamber exhaust fan in my profile.

My printer has a Dual Carbon / Hepa filter connected to the “aux” fan and a chamber heater to the “chamber fan / exhaust fan” so those settings are for controlling those accessories.

I will send the profile when I get home tonight.