Bambu Lab PETG Basic

The PETG from Bambu is available since last week.
Today I tried to print and the benchy totaly failed.
Also a second print of a socket when the infill starts.

Orca Slicer, Bambu Lab PETG Basic profile, Textured PEI.

Normaly my X1C makes perfect prints in PLA and ABS.
The benchy on the Cool Plate was way better, but not even near to PLA or ABS.

The benchy looks like a finger print fail, but the flat plate looks like the first layer was going down very good. I’m guessing the second failure was a clog? Was the second one just printing in the air when you found it? Also what profile where you using with it?

On the finger print fail, PETG and PEI are super susceptible to finger prints, which can easily cause a fail. Be super careful in your handling of the plate.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the BBL PETG. Been waiting to see when it would pop up.

Hi,

I did not understand if you were using the Bambu PETG.
If so, use the “Bambu PETG Basic” filament settings instead of the “Generic PETG” if you aren’t already using it.
Additionally, is your filament dry? Until now, my only PETG issues were related to excessive moisture. If you are using the AMS, verify the humidity and desiccant indicators. If the filament is wet, check if the nozzle and extruder are clean before reprinting.

2 Likes

I just realized he said he used the Generic PETG profile, and it makes sense, I’m using Orca 1.62 and it doesn’t have the Bambu PETG yet. I believe there is one newer version which could have it, but it may not.

I am still not sure if he is using the Generic PETG profile.
BL Studio and Orca slicer’s latest versions entail the Bambu PETG Basic filament settings.
I never tested it, but there are significant differences compared to the Generic PETG profile.

1 Like

The prints where done with original Bambu Lab PETG Basic profil.

After change to “Generic PETG” its nearly perfect result.

1 Like

Looks a lot better obviously but you can still improve the finish by increasing the top and bottom layers to cover over the infill. And consider changing away from grid infill to gyroid.
Compare the max flow rate of the Bambu to generic profiles, this might indicate why the generic printed better.

2 Likes

I am also having trouble printing Bambu PETG Basic in transparant and green with the Bambu profile. I think the profile lags cooling and it is printing to with too much flow as @RMB allready statet.

Das Filament PETG prints much nicer and much faster and it only needs 240 °C on the nozzle.

The Bambu filament sticks very well to the textured PEI sheet.

This is rather than expected; thank you for sharing the information. It is a significant difference in the profile settings and noticeable in the print.

Did you dry your filament? And the AMS moisture level is ok?

Note that for the transparent BL, recommend different settings: Printing tips for transparent PETG | Bambu Lab Wiki

1 Like

Hey Malte, I was in the same situation just got some of the same new Bambu PETG as you from the store and used the same profile , resulting in gunk build up on the nozzle, driving me nuts trying to find a cause , which i not have experienced before on any filament needing me to pause every x layers and wipe it , as wel as way more stringing . trying to tune stuff in orca didn’t work out at all for the gunk build-up problem .
mind you prolly missed something as i’m no expert
After reading above post and trying the generic profile , wow , almost perfect ,and most important totally no material build up on nozzle again .
wierd but it works for me so thx for the post :wink:

1 Like

Did not dry it, came fresh out of the box.
My AMS moisture level is at 10% (masses of silica in there)

Same problem here, i ordered the bambu pteg and used the standard profile for pteg. I did not understand why it happened as the first layers are just fine only the infill causes problems.
You changed to the generic profile and did not change any other settings?

Hi, same to me. I have Bambu Lab P1P printer. I bought Bambu PETG Basic black, used standard profile for PETG from Bambu Studio - Bambu PETG Basic and printing result is horrible. Same as “Malte” mentioned.

I am a total newbie and had that exact same problem. I downloaded orca slicer an ran the calibration tests like flow calibration , temp tower and pressure advance. Plus i used the generic petg profile. Turned out, the flow ratio needed to be at 1,045 and pressure advance at 0,036. Those changes did the job for me, all problems solved.

1 Like

Total newbie, this is my first 3d printer I got and PLA Basic and PLA-CF printing were perfect out of box. PETEG Basic was a huge hassle. Couldn’t get first layers to stick, after washing the engineering plate, glue stick, or window cleaner. Tried all and couldn’t get it to work. Switched to generic PETG profile and now I’m kinda getting better prints. What is really bugging me is the buildup on the nozzle. There is always blobs on the sides of the nozzle. Even after manually cleaning, I still can’t seem to stop it from happening. Really hope someone has a tip for me in fixing that.