Bambu P1S - Print Issues with PETG

I’ve recently swapped out my head (to another .4) and added a new spool of PETG.

Using the stock values, my results are looking like this. Previously i didnt have these types of issues. I’m really new to this forum. And am currently doing the flow calibration to see if it will help.

Thank you for any thoughts.

What are the print speed settings? My prints with PETG come out better when I slowed the speeds.

slow your speed settings down by 1/3rd or 1/4th. everything but acceleration

I’ll try that next.

I print multiple objects on a plate, and I think travel distances have become an issue. It happened on simliar layers, for two different test prints. PEGT seems to drip as it travels.

It did not happen when I printed only one part. Got great results.

What I’m trying now

1. Rearranging the parts. to reduce travel

Next

1. Adjust speed (as recommended) - I’ve included my current speed
  2. Move to PLA (not sure why i’m using PEGT!)

Thanks!!

I set my initial, top surface, and outer layers to 30 mm/s and my infills to 60 mm/s but that’s because my infill was crumbling. Try setting your outer wall to 30-60 and see if that helps.

let me assure you that you can not print petg at 300mm a sec or even 200. No one setting should be higher than 100 mm a sec for basic petg

1 Like

thank you sir. I was going to use

1. Speed outer wall - 100 mm/s
  2. Speed Inner wall - 150 mm/s
  3. Sparse Infill - 135 mm/s
  4. Internal Solid infill 125 mm/s
  5. Top Surface - 100 mm/s

But now i’ll drop them all down to 100mm/s

reliability is huge for me. failed prints are such a bummer, so i error on the side of caution and am always presently surprised to find how little time is added by slowing a few speeds down. If been testing out pressure advance with orca slicer and it def ads some speed ability.

Your advice helped greatly. Now I’m tweaking a few other things to reliable prints with consistent quality. Thanks

I don’t know if I full agree with this assessment, all though I’m not saying it could not help in this case. I’ve never slowed down my P1S’s or P1P below default settings and I have rare to none problems printing at those speeds. I am not really a huge fan of PETG anyway, but for the sake of science I will also try your slower speed settings to explore the results.

I have good results printing PETG using the default Bambu speed settings.
0.20mm Strength @BBL X1C:

Calibration tests Sunlu and Inland PETG have indicated some small flow and PA changes, and a maximum volumetric flow increase from 12 to 20 mm³/s.

1 Like

I wonder if there is differance between the p1s and the x1c with petg

When printing multiple parts on a plate, you can change the “Print sequence” to “By part” under the “Others” tab, “Special mode” heading. If the parts are not too big, this will allow you to print multiple parts without all of the travels for each layer, minimizing the travel defects.

This feature won’t work if your parts are very tall or long though.

2 Likes

Yes i saw that. I usually have a mixture of parts. But I’ll try that out. Thanks Lexi.

Agreed. I have printed almost a full reel of PETG with no problems using the preset Generic PETG settings.

1 Like

There is a group of ppl on the forum who obliviously slows down print speeds for PETG in order to achieve something.

The thing that really got me was how much time difference there is from generic PLA vs generic silk PLA. It was nearly double the time😳 (45min basic vs. 1h 35min silk)

I mostly print PETG, Bambu and 3rd party, at default speed settings (mostly 120-150) with few issues. If I want issues, I can get them near immediately just by clicking Sport mode. That 20% is enough to cause this type issue with default settings.

If I take the time to tune the filament (mostly PA, temp, and retraction) I can run near flawless at 120-150% of default speeds. But I rarely bother anymore. Slow and steady gets the work done.

1 Like

Most of my issues have been resolved from slowing things down.

However I still have this ‘banding’ issue. These two prints were taken over a week apart. Print on the left uses slow speeds.

its werid that the bands are on the same print layers.

Maybe something wrong with the rods? have you cleaned and greased them?