Bambu Studio - Align Parts + Edit Parts ( added Text change )

Two feature requests regarding loaded objects and added parts which are simple colored text additions.

1. alignment option
    I added a text part, but can only do manual alignment (up down left right )
    There is no software alignment option to select the object and the part, and then say center X, center Y, align bottom, align top in the horizontal and vertical plane’

Ideally this could be implemented and super user friendly, the way TinkerCad has implement their alignment feature, with a bounding box around it and a series of corner and middle dots around the box to press where to align.

And not just for text on objects, but also for other multi component objects that a user would bring in as multiple parts, colorize and then align.

1. edit an added text part
    I cannot seem to edit a text part, I have to delete and add a new one. Example I add a name, pick a font size and font … looks great on screen, but the printed outcome is not quite legible enough. I can select the part, but not edit the content to simply change the font size and or font.
6 Likes

agree wholeheartedly. struggling with this now

1 Like

To edit the text, choose objects in the process menu, text shape, then click the text shape box at the top menu.

1 Like

Need the possibily to align, trying to create signs this is must

I totally agree! This feature needs to be done like yesterday! Text alignment options are a must!

Another vote for alignment tools! even align face against X or Y as reference would be useful

Another vote for alignment tools!

1 Like

Another vote for this! Something functionally equivalent to Simplify3D’s “Align selected model origins”.

1 Like

Yes, we all need to have a simple alignment ability for so many things.

1 Like

I believe a posible work around for some alignment can be accomplished by selecting parts individually and looking at the MOVE options tab. Then look at the X and Y location. I was able to align 3 different size circles by zeroing out the coordinates. It gave them all the same center starting point reference. Possibly could use a calculator in coordination with this to get centers to line up. BUT yehhhhh how did they miss this basic element?

If your “plate” is in the middle, just set the text also to X=0 and Y=0