Bambu Studio doesn't detect filament mismatch in external spool holder

When I sent a model that’s in PLA to print in an X1C that had AMS disconnected and a roll of PETG on the external spool holder, Bambu Studio didn’t detect this mismatch and resulted in a failed print. When I tried to restart the print from the printer’s display, the mismatch was detected. It was only then I realized the model was assigned to use PLA by mistake when it should have been assigned to using PETG.

So the issue is with Bambu Studio, since starting from the printer display properly triggered the mismatch detection.

Assuming (which maybe I shouldn’t) you changed the filament manually in the slicer and under the device tab, assigniing it to #1 (AMS disconnected, get a splitter) it shouldn’t have had an issue.

If you failed to set it under device, or tell the printer that PETG was there, it will default to whatever you told it was there last time. The external roll is not autodetected at any time (relating to filament type). It will only know a filament has been loaded from the external.

BTW the pop up when sending a print usuallyt has what filament is loaded, and it’s what you set it at manually within the slicer/screen. A double check if you will.

Now if I’ve misunderstood then I apologize.

This. I only had this same issue when
a) I have a splitter, so can use AMS and Rear spool as needed.
b) I set the AMS spools, in deice, intended for the multi colour job (flexi)
c) Forgot to set tthe rear spool at tjhe time, bbut had changed over ASA to Silk Rainbow
d) Then, changed my mind and decided to print inrear spool rainbow silk whole print, instead of using the AMS filaments multicolour and taking hours and hours. -however-
… forgot to make sure device -rear spool was set correctly, as a I hardly EVER use it.
e) …and boom … kinda lotsa issues printing silk at ASA settings hahaha

The Bambu Studio that I have can show the external spool filament type and color. I might have set the fialment type and color using the printer display, but as you can see in the photo, the PETG filament and the color of it are correctly shown in the window that opens after the model has been sent.

Bambu Studio version: 1.8.4.51
X1C firmware version: 01.07.00.00