Bambu Studio Missing Rafts in slicing

Really weird. With latest update to Bambu Studios, I occasionally run into slicing errors where it says object has empty layers between 0 and 0.5. When i look at the visualized layers, there is a gap at layer 1 where my raft normally would be…

Is there a reason for this? Anyone else getting this and have a solution?

Sometimes I just restart the bambu studios, other times i’ll have to reload the stl altogether to make it work…

I have observed the same with the previous version and solved in the same manner as you by restarting Studio.
It seemed to occur more often and more frequently with complex models.

Just yesterday even restart didn’t work. I ended up change the raft settings globally and at the object level.

Toggling both off made the print work but with no raft.

Turning it on globally for 1 layer, made slicing succeed, but no raft…

Turning it on by object made slicing fail, with empty layer where raft should be.

Turning both on made slicing fail with empty layer.

Feels like this might be a Bambu studio coding error? Or any I doing something wrong with my models? Are there situations where a rat can’t be used?

Getting more and more Bambu Studio weirdness.

Changing the color of filament, but while the preparation shows full thickness filament, the gcode is showing a random triangle block of a different color filament. I’ve tried to adjust the preparation to no luck.

On top of that, trying to print tree supports has the tree trying to go through another object…

What’s going on…

Ok, so i figured my raft problem. sometimes I’ll highlight raft support, but did not enable supports. So it’ll create an empty layer for the raft, but since support is turned off nothing actually prints. Definitely user error here…

Still don’t understand the middle of the print filament change for no reason…would love to hear any suggestions?

It’s the raft contact z distance. It’s set to .1 by default, if you change it to 0 the missing layer goes away.