Bambu Studio: reconnect?

Every once in a while I’ll get this message in Bambu Studio on the device tab:

Usually it happens when I open my computer after it’s been asleep for a while.

Closing Bambu Studio and reopening it fixes the problem, but that’s inconvenient when I’ve got a bunch of stuff set up for a print I’m about to run. So: is there a way to tell Bambu Studio to reconnect to Bambu’s servers?

(I’ve tried turning my wifi off and back on again with no effect - Bambu Studio made no apparent effort to try reconnecting on its own.)

I’ve seen laptops run into similar issues, usually from taking a while to reconnect to network. Perhaps turning off power saving for your network adapter would help. The setting can be changed in Additional power settings within Windows power options.

Hey thanks! I suppose I should clarify two things:

1. I’m on a Mac. We do it different on the west coast :wink:
  2. Every other application can connect to the internet just fine while the problem’s happening, so I’m inclined to think it’s not an issue with my network adapter being slow to connect. It also doesn’t resolve itself ever, like I’ll give it half an hour and Bambu Studio still won’t have reconnected all while I’m doing other stuff in Chrome etc.

My money is on it being something that glitches out the connection retry logic in Bambu Slicer…

1 Like

Perhaps this may help:

1 Like