Bambu Suite, Windows 11, Crashes on Startup

I’ve tried two different Windows 11 systems. One a completely fresh install and Bambu Suite (latest v1.40, and older versions) crash on launch.

The windows event log shows Applcation Error, with Qt6WebEngineCore (and Qt5WebengineCode on older versions) as the faulting module path.

Windows Media Player Legacy (App) is installed in the Optional Features. The wiki lists it as "Apps & features > Manage optional features" but that has moved in Windows 11 to Optional Featrures

What gives? Is this software even working on Windows 11?

BambuSuite installs it’s own version of the Qt6WebEngineCore.dll in the bambu suite installation directory. So, I’m doubting it’s a “system32” DLL issue. Bambu installs and uses Qt as it’s graphics/interface, so it is in fact Bambu that is installing it and they are connected.

Also, bambuSUITE not bambuSTUDIO.

I don;t know who’s giving you thumbs up and clapping, neither of these appear to resolve anything. I’ve already checked github, the wiki, the forums. The DLL is installed in the same directory as BambuSuite. Edge works perfectly fine on the computer. It is failing on an existing windows 11 install and a brand new windows 11 install, so I’m doubting it got a failed installation on both.

BambuSTUDIO does work on both of these computers, but BambuSUITE crashes on startup.

Somehow I think I’m talking to an AI and not a person who actually is looking at the problem. :frowning:

Now I see I’m getting the same error on an existing Windows 10 installation.

Does the software even work at all, for anyone anywhere? I’m 3 computers deep and cannot get it to even start up.

The error is coming from BambuSuite which bundles Qt6.

Faulting application name: BambuSuite.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6a7c2561
Faulting module name: Qt6WebEngineCore.dll, version: 6.8.5.0, time stamp: 0x68e78ca1
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x000000000030b944
Faulting process id: 0x4d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01dd3be886f56ff8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Bambu Suite\BambuSuite.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Bambu Suite\Qt6WebEngineCore.dll
Report Id: 8e3de816-1c56-42fc-a940-ae01135f1814
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Apologies if you are an actual person. Your answers were almost identical to what an AI tool had already given me.

I promise RS is real, and is one of the hardest working, most helpful people here.

I have a theory that Retro was one of the first Neural Link recipients. He’s got a little bit of robot in there somewhere.

I just wanted to mention that the AI pulls information from the forum, which is why its replies often sound similar to those written by long‑time community members who regularly help others. The AI didn’t ask us if it could use our texts. :grin:


I recommend that you post an error log directly to the developers; it just takes longer than getting help from users here. :+1:

Thank you RetroSharky. I really do appreciate the helpfulness of “people on the Internet” and sincerely do apologize my frustration came out in that way.

I’m thinking it has something to do with OpenGL version(s). These are not exactly new machines with super-duper graphics cards.

I’ll note that looking around at Bambu’s GitHub and the installed directories, BambuStudio (built upon slic3r) uses wxWidgets where BambuSuite uses Qt. So issues with BambuStudio are not equivalent to issues with BambuSuite. They have fundamentally different runtimes.

I have the same issue and have been trying many different things but same result. Bambu Suite DOESNT open on Surface pro 11. Please let me know if you get to any workaround

Mine doesnt crash on startup but it does freeze up after every laser job finishes. I have to force close and reopen every time. Windows 11 pc ($8,000 pc, so I doubt its the hardware.)