Bambulab P1S Enclosure temp

My AMS sits on top of my P1S so I only open the door about 2 inches. Printing PLA+ and no issues so far.

If the upgrade includes the P1S cabinet fan then you don’t need to open the door. The purpose of the fan is to control the temperature. You can set the temp from 1 to 5, whatever that means.

Edit: The 1-5 setting thing is apparently wrong. In the filament setings you can specify the chamber temperature directly in degrees centigrade. It must have a sensor with a feedback loop.

1 Like

Yes the upgrade contains everything about the P1S. So it does contain the Auxiliary Part Cooling Fan.

I didn’t know we could set the temp. I’m going to check it out!

So far i’m printing Smaug and the print is going freaking well so i don’t know if i should worry or not.

I want to buy an AMS in the future. And i have the printer in my bedroom since i can’t put it elsewhere in the house. So i if i open the door, it gets freaking loud.

If the prints come out good with the 40º, then i will always keep it close xD

Wait, where’s this setting for chamber temp?

1 Like

is not visible with me, have installed the latest firmware and bambo studio. The P1P has been upgraded to P1S.

Today I received an answer to my question about temperature regulation for chamber temp.
From support@service.bambulab.com

It is controlled based on the temperature of the heated bed.

The G-code for controlling the case fan is as follows: M106 P3 S0~S255 (S0: off; S255: full speed - 100%)

(Controlled by the temperature of the heated bed, higher temperature results in higher fan speed, lower temperature results in slower fan speed)

2 Likes

Nice thank you! I wasn’t aware of that feature. I am very curious if it actually works though since there isn’t a chamber temp sensor located anywhere on the P series. (That I am aware of) Interesting!

Nice! That is very insightful. I think i will try in the future to mess with the G-code to create some sort of profiling. To change the values. Certain values for summer and other for winter. I guess this will be possible ?

Just use the Cool plate and you don’t need to open anything printing PLA.

Does the cool plate change a lot in terms of adhesion to the plate ?
I only need to put the glue on it and it runs at the same temps and everything like the textured pei plate ?

It changes a lot about temperatures it runs at 35° instead 90° of textured PEI so everything is cooler and PLA likes more the cool than the warm and you can keep everything closed.
You need glue and the adhesion with it is really strong (I suggest the liquid one), I would say more than textured PEI. Of course you won’t have the textures, it’s all flat.

2 Likes

I’m totally digging that suggestion! I’m going to get a cool plate and try it out. Thanks a lot for the suggestion bro

You are welcome! Happy printing!

I also installed the P1P to P1S upgrade kit which did include the cabinet fan but I don’t remember installing any sensor. The chamber temperature on my printer shows nothing. I am wondering what I need to do or get to have this feature implemented. Any help appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.

The P series does not have the chamber temperature sensor or option. Only the X series has this.

5 Likes

Ok, thank you. So it seems that the cabinet fan included in the upgrade kit is not being used. I guess the solution given by support to willem has to be at the level of filament g-code. Maybe set the fan speed to a specific value when printing PLA, for instance. Maybe ASA, ABS, etc. keep it off.

1 Like

I noticed that the chamber fan goes on when printing PLA on my printer (P1S) and it is off when printing ASA, so the functionality I mentioned above is already implemented - you do not need to mess with filament g-code.

All the fans are being used on mine, at least during the times they should be on. The filament’s start GCode controls the chamber fan on the P1 series. The X1 series has an actual sensor so it can use the sensor, but that’s not the case for the P1’s.

The reason ASA doesn’t turn on the chamber fan is also in the filament’s start GCode. The idea is, ASA likes lots of heat to help resist warping. So turning on a chamber fan to decrease the chamber temp is not advisable, so the start GCode sets the chamber fan to off. For PLA its the opposite. PLA doesn’t like hot chamber temps because it starts to soften in the path above the nozzle (right where you want the plastic stiff for good extrusion). If it does soften too early, it doesn’t extrude well and leads to clogs. So to avoid this, if the bed temps are high, the chamber fan is set to high to cool the chamber.

So for ASA, ABS, Nylons, PETs, and PCs, you find the chamber fan set really low or off so that the prints don’t warp. And for PLA, PETG, TPU, PVA, and etc. you’ll find the chamber fan running pretty aggressively to keep the chamber cool and hopefully stop any unwanted clogging.

2 Likes