Bambulab X1C build plate issue

Hey, recently I’ve been experiencing issues with my build plate, as the print is detaching from the edges of the plate, resulting in poor print quality (I’m not sure if there’s a specific term for this). I’ve already replaced the plate sheet and thoroughly cleaned the new one with isopropyl alcohol, but could the temperature of the print bed be causing this? And if so, how can I rule that out?

Thank you and best regards
Philipp

@Phijon

What the heck is going on here - and - does it do this plate lifting off the bed on all print plates?

• Does it lift on large and small print jobs?

Plate-warped

Its like your plate is not being “stuck” to the heated bed?

• If thats the case, then its going to constantly flex and move with printing, suprised its not ripping your nozzle offf.

You changed the sticker, but what about the metal plate itself?

• What is that PLA labelled plate - none off my various Bambu branded plates look like that? Aftermarket?
  • If Aftermarket plate - have you used a Proper Bambu 'Smooth PEI\High Temp Plate" - or the new dual sided High temp?

They can be helped:

https://forum.bambulab.com/search?q=warping

Best regards!

PS: this still happens to my X1, depending on what I print. Even with the large files saved on the printer itself and came with the printer. The printing plates are flexible, you can see that. They also curl due to heat. The magnetic bed should hold the flexible plates in place, but often doesn’t. I tried using clamps for this, but in the end it didn’t help either. Perhaps the corners of the plates stay on the print bed a little better, but this does not solve the actual problem.

@Phijon there are quite a few threads for warping so search and read a lot depends on the material and object . Your object is especially susceptive to warping not sure your material
here is the last one with some suggestions. Warping Issues w/ Large Thin PAHT-CF Print on X1C - Help Needed
But there are many other threads, also does not help if the bed is curved which is a very common in the Bambu printers. The plate lifting is a common when the warping is really bad and either the plate or the object lifts ( detaches)
There are too many factors already discussed in many threads so will leave it at
one initial suggestion use high temp on eng plate - do not use the cool plate ( for PLA -50C-60C), And slow down the print speed

• This problem is a result of “Rapid Cooling” & “Filament Shrinkage” Bambu Official Wiki talks about some solutions to this issue.

• Some users report using clips to keep build plate secured to bed but must warn you that the clips need to clear tool head & Z clearances.

• Type of Filament is a big result of this matter. Also infill settings will change results indefinitely. Bambu Labs suggests in their Wiki if this keeps occurring to reduce model size or infill %. Some models won’t be printable at full scale due to shrinkages so your best bet is trying the following and increasing chamber temperatures to maintain the heat around the model evenly.

1 Like

Hey everyone and thanks for the numerous responses and useful links, I’ll dive into them and try to solve the problem :+1:

Best regards
Philipp

1 Like

You probably mean this Wiki entry: Model Warping, Falling Off, or Collapsing | Bambu Lab Wiki

But:

The larger the size of the prints, the easier it is to shrink, and the higher the infill density, the easier it is to shrink; ABS, ASA, PC, POM, PP, PA, and PA-CF are more likely to shrink. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid them whenever possible for large-size prints . Instead, It is recommended to select filaments like PLA, PLA-CF, PETG, PETG-CF, PET-CF and others that are less prone to warping .

1 Like