Bambu's software hates my wifi!

Hey there! I’m in a weird spot. When I try to connect my printer, phone, or studio to my wifi, nothing works. My printer and Handy don’t connect, Studio doesn’t connect my printer, nothing. But when I connect my printer and computer to my phone’s hotspot generator, it’s hunky dory. Things start working, I can use Studio to remotely print, it’s all fine.

I’m not sure why this is. My guess is that something with my wi-fi is off, but what? I have spectrum at home, but Verizon on my phone. Is that it? Or is there some setting I’m missing? For what it’s worth, I get 2g and 5g, but only the 2g is compatible with my printer as that’s the one the firmware detects.

1. Firstly, the BL printer must connect to a 2.4GHz WiFi network. It cannot connect to a 5GHz network.
  2. If your WiFi is setup to broadcast 5GHz and 2.4GHz networks using the same SSID, the BL printer is unlikely to be able to connect.
  3. Simply create an additional/separate 2.4GHz network (that is only 2.4GHz) for the 3D printer.
  4. The 2.4GHz network must be able to “see” the other WiFi networks that other devices (laptops, phones) have connected to using 5GHz. The 3D printer 2.4GHz network cannot be on a separate VLAN that is blocked from connecting to the other WiFi networks.

All your devices should be able to connect to your BL 3D printer over WiFi now.

Gotcha. I’ll see what I can do about setting up the additional network and get back to you.

This article is worth reading through thoroughly so that the cause of poor print quality can be diagnosed after detailed inspection : Common print quality problems and solutions | Bambu Lab Wiki

I suggest printing the block in the prior link, and then try solve one issue at a time, then print again. You should converge on flawless walls and other features. Then save your finely-tuned profile/settings for that specific filament.

Then try something larger, more time consuming and costly.