Banding / Ringing type artifacts?

This is a generelles Problem

Can we print TPU idlers and swap them in, possibly with the slots for the teeth to slot in to? I guess swapping the bearings might not be possible but maybe compatible ones are available somewhere.

Try wrapping the final smooth pulleys with the belt teeth riding across (2 of them) with 7 layers of different lengths of electrical tape. It helped a lot on mine but it didn’t resolve it completely. You still have to print below 100mm/s or above 160mm/s to reduce it further. Between 120-140mm/s it is the worst.

The way the gantry is assembled, you would have to do significant damage to the end assemblies including drilling through the ends of the carbon rods. It also requires a major disassembly to remove this axis. If you were going to go to that effort, I would say don’t bother printing idlers, buy real ones from Gates.

Did you end up doing it ? I am considering doing the same since one of my motors isn’t able to cancle it’s vibrations.

I’ve received the X axis assembly and the toothed pulleys, I’ll do the mod in the coming weeks, just have to find the time to do it

2 Likes

Hello, I’ve also noticed this issue. After approximately ten prints, I began to think that compared to my 3MKS+, the surface looks too wavy. I spent the entire weekend tuning, but there was no significant improvement. Yesterday, I sent a query to Bamboo support. It’s necessary to spread the word about this. If YouTubers showcased this characteristic, how many people would still buy the X1C? Perhaps Bamboo would make an effort to improve this issue, but everyone on YouTube is silent. Why do you think that is?

I have discovered that my box was not perfectly square, deviating diagonally by 2mm. I aligned it with force, and now the X and Y axes are perfectly perpendicular. I used calibrated tools for this. Tensioning the belts doesn’t always work well according to resonance measurements; one needs to be careful. I would appreciate more adjustment with screws. Tensioning pulleys must always be aligned to prevent belts from wearing on the edge of the pulley. I aligned and calibrated everything, but it didn’t help. I even tried printing on a solid surface without improvement. The remaining things to check are the smooth pulley on the X-axis and the teeth of the belt passing over it. It might be worth replacing the belt; there also seem to be minor flaws on the Y-axis, and the belt may not fit well on the motors. Check if any of the pulleys have faulty bearings. Verify if the motors are functioning correctly. Check for minor play on the tool head and carbon rods."

OK!
I’ve made some progress.
I drilled the carbon rod to be able to remove the little rod inside the pulley.

I’ve made a little hole on the other side

That way I can insert something to push it out

I’ve then been able to remove the pulleys and the two graphite nylon gaskets

It’s very difficult to put them back, and the gaskets are really fragile (I broke two…)
But I’ve been able to install one pulley (without any warranty that the two gaskets are correctly in place)

I’ve ordered a few gaskets (ID:5mm/OD:7mm/0.3mm), can’t continue the modd until I receive them.

6 Likes

Nice work.

Here is my homework:

8mm Metal rods with Misumi Bearings

3 Likes

Metal rods isn’t a good solution for our Bambu X1C, far too much weight compared to carbon rods.
Except that it’s a really good job, and it will be nice to have the files to print them in tough resin if one day these parts aren’t available anymore.
If you have a good solution to install the pulley, especially the carbon nylon gaskets, I’m interested to know how you do it.

yeah i know the weight but most of the time i print not so fast, have more abs or something and when you print fast you have not good stability in the print.

Its a project for the surface, i have many problems with the toolhead, my first x axis have 0,5mm play and the second 0,3mm play in the bearings, so i habe with 0,01mm play in the new bearings the surface are better

1 Like

:wink:
Manual Belt tensioner at Makerworld

Would be nice if you add links :

Interesting vidéo :

And belt tension tool :

1 Like

So you’ve installed it already on your X1C.

Did you use toothed pulley ?
If yes, could you please let us know if it solves or reduce VFA on X axis.

How did you install the nylon carbon gaskets ?

sry i have a newborn a little stress and i speak not so good english.

i Add later Pictures from a cube.
I think the precision and the walls are better. Only ghosting at not 100% Filament setting.
I tensioned the Belt without tool, but in right angle. is this word right? :rofl:
Nylon carbon gaskets?
I draw all new, with 8mm rods and Misumi bearings.

I have wait time, 4-8 weeks auf the bearings, so i have the X Axis not build at this time.
i have only the Manual Belt Tensioner.

Sounds like you’re German. Amazon Germany offers Misumi bearings with next day delivery:

https://amzn.eu/d/1N1Xc0b

Are you planning to pick them up in Vietnam yourself? :wink:

Look on the price :sweat_smile:
I found 1 piece for 7 euro….
Your link is the double.
I need more parts from a homepage, so its all for one.

It’s 4 pieces for 28 € on Amazon :wink:

Anyway, keep us posted how it goes.