Belt Skipping and Rehoming?

Heyooo

Fresh off the press ‘don’t know jack’ newbie here.

I haven’t seen a similar issue on this so far and I don’t really know what to look for or search for. That being said, does anyone have any idea why my printer do this?

Submit a ticket with all video records you have on the issue and request replacement or refund.

1 Like

Why is the bed dropping mid print and then the horrible sound?
Is it possible you’re running corrupt G-code?

Can you pinpoint where the source of the sound is?

1 Like

The bed is dropping to allow the nozzle to move freely after it ‘skips’ and rehome, as for the God awful noise, that’s where I’m stumped. I also don’t know jack about g-code right now, sorry :confused:

My only theory as to the source of the noise(s) are either a motor or belt.

I had 5 successful prints when I first started using the basic green PLA that was shipped included. After that was used up I switched over to generic ASA and that’s when this issue popped up, however, every print always prints good for the first 40 layers and that noise doesn’t happen when calibrating.

I’m going to try one more print with some PLA I wanted to save but desperate times ig.

It’s very confusing. It sounds like the noise my P1P makes when the bed drops too low and the Z belt skips since there is no more room to move down.
But the video looks like the noise is from the tool head movement.
But the tool head is moving seemingly linearly on the Y axis.
Since this is a core XY, both XY motors have to run to move the toolhead in that direction.
If one motor (or belt) was jammed we would expect to see the toolhead move diagonally.

Unfortunately, I think you’ll need to troubleshoot this issue some more before we can deduce possible causes.

Is this something that only happens after layer 40? (if so that would suggest a Z issue)

If/when if does happen again, maybe you can hear which motor is making the noise. At least pinpoint if it sounds like it coming from the bottom or the top of the printer.

I also assume you visually inspected the belts, motors and Z screws and found nothing obvious.

1 Like

That printer file is trashed. Sounds like it’s trying to rip the belts out of it. Perhaps you’re trying to print a file created for a different printer. I’ve heard this when I tried to print an unchecked file off MakerWorld. Very dangerous.

1 Like

After switching back to PLA the printer has had relative success on every print. It seems to get hung on filament often but that’s it. I’m going to go with user error on this one however I will keep an eye out for these dangerous files.