Brand New X1C can't connect

Glad that it helped you out.

My X1c printer has never been able to connect to the Wifi.

Any special characters in the password?

Change your password for testing to a simpler one, reboot the router and take a look at the frequency range of your 2.4GHz (5GHz not supported) and set it to 20Mhz and not 20/40Mhz auto switchā€¦

no special characters,

Reboot router, ill try it.

turned the router off and onā€¦ this did not work.

Did you check if u are using the 20/40MHz band on the 2.4GHz Network too?

I found that splitting my WiFi helps. That way, my 2.4GHz and 5GHz signal broadcast separate names to ensure that my X1 connects only to the 2.4GHz.

I have Xfinity. This is what I did:

1. Open Xfinity App
  2. Select ā€œWiFiā€
  3. Select ā€œWiFi Detailsā€
  4. Select ā€œEdit WiFi settingsā€
  5. Select ā€œSplit Bandsā€
  6. Made changes to names and passwords according
  7. Connect X1 to 2.4GHz WiFi name.

Note: You may need to reattach your other devices to both bands to ensure connectivity.

Problem Solved! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Getting intermittent network connection failures after 5 days of running the machine. Sent in a ticket after getting around the Photo and Log issues in the ticket. honestly, this is classic readability issue which we call an infant mortality issue. This can be addressed by burnin but I donā€™t expect this because of the price point.
I use a Ubiquity enterprise class wireless network and it just works. I did find out they are using AMPAK Technology inc wifi. Never heard of them.

So not supporting dual band and not having a physical connection is saving a BOM cost of less than $15.00 on a good day. I strongly recommend you reach to Qualcomm and get an Atheros solution. It just works.

Iā€™m having the same issue. The error says the printer wonā€™t connect to the ā€œInternet.ā€
I use an OpenWRT router; all my other devices (22-- home automation) are connected fine.
The network test says it can connect
I was able to download another firmware update and install it.
I can log out of my account on the printer and log back in via the QR codeā€¦ in the process, I can see the interaction between what I do on the app and the printer.
Iā€™ve tried a hotspot (Verizon), along with my default home wifi(2.4)
Iā€™ve tried using 20 and 40 on the 2.4Ghz wireless
Iā€™ve rebooted the printer 20+ times

For me, the issue was DNS. Iā€™m using a Turris router, which runs OpenWRT. It has an option for the DNA to use your provider or several other providers. I used the Google option (I donā€™t know if itā€™s 8.8.8.8). I didnā€™t test this because I had no other DNS issues on my network. I changed it to use Cloudflare, and the problem went away instantly, I changed it back, and the problem was there again.

1 Like

How did you get around the log requirements for the ticket? I canā€™t upload logs because the machine canā€™t connect to wifi long enough to send a print or upload logs. And itā€™s been over 3 weeks and support still hasnā€™t replied to my ticket that i put in under something totally different. My brand new A1 mini stays connected to wifi for less than 30 seconds. Canā€™t send prints or anything.

On the X1c there is a micro SD card slot for a micro SD card. Once formatted, you can download the logs onto the card then copy the file from the SD card onto a pc and download it to a customer ticket.
In my opinion, It seems there are serious design issues with their WIFI design. In my case I reached out to my credit card company and disputed the charge due to receiving defective product.
Itā€™s really sad because the printer is mechanically sound.
I returned my original printer for WIFI issues which they replaced. The second printer, which also has WIFI issues and a warped bed will be returned as a defective.
I will no longer need to tolerate their almost nonexistent customer service.
Other brands are coming out with the same or better design to compete with Bambu labs. I expect it will take 6 months to a year to catch up.
The morel of the story is simple. No customer service, no business.

1 Like

I forgot to mention I have 27 WiFi devices running in my home with zero issues. I can seem them all from my UI console

1 Like

My X1C has started refusing to connect, even though nothing on my network has changed. Working with support, jumping thru silly hoops, including using a different router using a different control channel and set for 2.5G only. Router logs show a stable connection, printer is getting DHCP so itā€™s definitely talking to the router. But, printer fails the connection test. Iā€™ve done all the random things suggested by others. Problem seems to be getting worse, used to at least pass the router test 50% of the time, now wonā€™t pass it at all. Seems likely itā€™s a hardware issue, I expect Bambu will eventually admit that. They use an AMPAK wifi chip AP6212, btw. Itā€™s on the AP board (heh).

1 Like

This solved it for me. Thank you!!!

Updating the DNS solved this for me too, I was using Cloud Flair - 1.1.1.1 &
1.0.0.1, now using Quad9 - 9.9.9.9, 149.112.112.112