Brand New X1C can't connect

After unboxing and getting everything setup after receiving my X1C today, I entered my WiFi info and the Bambu happily connected to the wifi & downloaded the latest firmware.

Afterwards, it reports the error:
HMS_0500_0200_0002_0001: Failed to connect internet, please check the network connection.

I am unable to connect either through Handy or Bambu Studio. A network test on the X1C reports a <20ms ping to the internet, so clearly it can and is connected.

Whats going on here?

1 Like

I got the exact same problem but my printer worked earlier and started this yesterday. I can connect with Lan only

Same for me. The ā€œtest networkā€ on the printer is working. No problem with the network. But I got the same error "Failed to connect to the internet, please check your network connection. [0500 0200 0002 0005 1743 09]ā€ about two days.

3 Likes

Did you try another network? Like a connection with mobile internet (hot spot)?

1 Like

Yes i did right now. Nothing change

2 Likes

Just unpacked a new X1Cā€¦ same experience ā€¦ Could connect to my Wifi at workā€¦ could download firmwareā€¦ but when went to use the system, got the message ā€œfailed to connect to Internetā€ and so no cloud based services availableā€¦ Wonder if it is a firewall port issue. Anyone know if certain ports need to be open?

3 Likes

Same here, canā€™t open a ticket either. Wondering if I just wasted a significant sum of money and not happy at all.

1 Like

Yes, there is a wiki page detailing all required networking.
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/general/printer-network-ports

2 Likes

Same issue here. Connected, downloaded new firmware, and now the printer itself says it is online and it passes a network test, yet it doesnā€™t show up in bambu studio, handy, and I canā€™t connect to it by ftp. I can ping the printer without issue.

Iā€™m a fairly smart guy when it comes to networking, and I canā€™t think of any options I havenā€™t tried yet to get it to work.

I hope somebody has a solutionā€¦

2 Likes

There seems to be a possible pattern, it just occurred to me that I also did a firmware update just before mine bricked. Maybe we got a bad updateā€¦

2 Likes

So I tried the printer on multiple access points and bambu studio on multiple computers each with the same results. However, I did get a working connection when I put the printer on a separate network on a wifi hotspot, and it worked via cloud and lan only. I also had a successful connection connecting to the windows 10 hotspot feature.

Iā€™m wondering now if the common demonator for me was the use of openwrt routers. Iā€™d imagine a good chunk of 3d printer coneseuers have custom firmware and configuration for their wifi as well.

Other people with issues, what kind of routers are you using?

1 Like

I will get my X1C on Tuesday. Iā€™m not sure if I should update my unit when I read such things hereā€¦ :confused:

BL should be more active on the forum!

3 Likes

I just received my X1C yesterday and was running in to the same issue.
I was able to fix it by going in my router config, for the 2.4GHz wireless settings, and disabled ā€˜20/40 MHz Coexistenceā€™. Everything now connects!
Might be something to try.

2 Likes

Basically your forcing your router to stay at maximum transfer speed. :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Just make a hotspot on your phone, register online and then swich to some 2.4 Ghz network.
If none are present, buy some cheap repeater device:)

For the most part. It actually stops the 2.4GHz radio from using the 40MHz bandwidth. The printer didnā€™t like it.

1 Like

Iā€™m having the same problem after upgradingā€¦

My router sets up a 2.4Ghz and a 5GHz wlan using wlan steering using the same ssid. My brand new X1-Carbon did not connect to the 2.4GHz wlan as long as both wlans were active. I had to inactivate the 5GHz wlan and only then the printer made a successful connection. After the initial connection worked, I reactivate the 5 GHZ wlan again and now after powering on the printer it always connects successfully to the 2.4GHz wlan. Obviously the printer firmware cannot handle wlan steering on the initial wlan connection.

1 Like

Try this. Link to my post in another thread.

https://forum.bambulab.com/t/new-bambu-lab-x1-series-firmware-released/11099/122?u=sticks

Hi just had the same problem and tried what you suggested and bam it worked