Thank you for clarifying, and I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I reported this to our team, so it can be fixed. Until then, please manually adjust the temperature according to the screenshot above.
Thank you for clarifying, and I apologize for the misunderstanding.
I reported this to our team, so it can be fixed. Until then, please manually adjust the temperature according to the screenshot above.
Latest version of Bambu Studio (as of Sept 7, 2025) still has wrong.
Any news from the team? Seems like a simple fix.
@SupportAssistant
Just where did you find the material “GENERIC PETG HF @BBL H2D” It doesn’t exist on my version (latest of BS) There is BAMBU and there is GENERIC PETG, no Generic petg Hf. are you SURE it is not under YOUR user preset section and YOU have made this up? If it is, delete it and use the BAMBU Petg Hf settings
Yes, Please see the screenshot.
Also, please note that I did not start this thread. Others are seeing the same thing.
Just change the setting and save as copy.
Yes, and if you check the temperature, it’s still shockingly set to 220.
This was never about whether there EXISTS a Generic PETG HF profile, but that the Generic PETG HF profile is seriously broken.
This hurts any new user who unassumingly use Generic PETG-HF profile and gets very bad results.
We are now at version 2.7.1.57, in June 2026.
See here:
Here we are in October 2026 and this is still wrong using the latest Beta version of BS. Just used PETG HF for the first time and started a 23 hour print only to realize it’s been printing at 220C using the generic PetG HF preset.
Setting aside if this is truly an error or not, I suspect there’s a mistaken expectation between a generic and a universal profile for a given filament type.
I don’t think anyone should ever think they can pick a generic profile, toss in any filament of the type from any manufacturer, and expect it to work every time.
At minimum, if we expect good print results we should take the step of comparing the profile settings to the actual requirements for the filament and adjusting any obvious discrepancies.
Some of y’all are just expecting to never need to perform any due diligence at all.