BS Scarfe Joint

to whom it may concern at Bambu, its likely that one of your staff has seen the fantastic progress on You tube post “Eliminate seams in your 3D prints with scarf joint”.
Whilst there are a number very clever folks testing this out in Orca Slicer. It would be fabulous, i.e a game changer if BS can be upgraded with something similar. I run my BL to support my business and though i understand seams a normal part of 3d printing, it would great for BL business to lead, rather than follow. However the biggest let down, indeed is the embarrassment/disappointment to see seams on designs that one has spent hundreds of hours developing. So how about it BL continue with leading and supporting a great product with upgrades such as removal of seams with scarfe gcode.
As the saying goes when one is not the top dog, following the pack from behind always looks the same.
cheerio

1 Like

So just use orca slicer instead. Eventually it will make it to Bambu studio and prusaslicer. It won’t be a “game changer” for BL though, if it’s already implemented in Orca. Every change is done in Orca first, there’s no advantage in using BS unless you need to upload direct to makerworld.

3 Likes

Bambu Studio is based on PrusaSlicer, which is from Slic3r and the RepRap community.

Bambu have and will continue to contribute.

Scarf Seams were developed independantly by members of the community and shared with us all. And not without it’s fare share of nay sayers.

It will be added soon enough.

Chill out.

1 Like

The current public beta for Bambu Studio has included the Scarf Joint feature. Version 1.9.0.60 is the version, and it can be downloaded from the github here: