Buyers remorse

Honestly it’s been hit & miss… Sometimes I get a response, most times I don’t. In the beginning with the first printer I didn’t need support for 3 months then it’s been pretty much constant chat ever since amongst them all…

The main repetitive issue was a [2] time failing within 60 days [X1C] MC board fan… just starts to generate loud noises and eventually gets louder, typically electronics work or they don’t. Fans will create loud noises when failure has occurred. I was able to get [1] under warranty then of course it died when I was out of warranty but the 1st one lasted [10] months… then had to return [1] P1P with a failed Y axis bearing along the Y axis guide rod which apparently isn’t “user repairable” at least that’s what support stated which led to a replacement being made.

I’d love to hear what Bambu’s warranty claim percentage is… I’d take a shot in the dark and say it has to be around 10-15% at the very least around that ballpark. I honestly don’t hear about prusa research having issues along these extents.

1 Like

if bbl gear printed as slow as prusa, and they charged the same…

I’d much rather fork out $3500 for actual multi material printing and a 15” print volume plus support versus $1600 and continuously replacing parts in an automated material system that fails quite often.

To each their own, also look up how fast the prusa xl is compared to the X1C at 5 color prints while producing 1/4 of the waste.

If the grass looks greener to you where the Prusa XL is, you really owe it to yourself to watch the teaching tech review on it. Talk about buyer remorse! I’ve never seen the guy so thoroughly bitter and angry as he was in that video.

2 Likes

Why are you still here? Didn’t you sell/return your printer?

1 Like

I agree. Mine cracked up the extruder and head cover on day 15 and the only response I got to my trouble ticket was "We are short on people so expect lengthy delays in responses. WIth 2 AMS units I have a 1400 dollar trash can.

Here is a copy and paste of the email I received after the trouble ticket was placed.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to our customer support team. Your ticket has been logged and will be attended to as soon as possible.

““Please note that currently we are experiencing a shortage of staff which will result in long delays to ticket responses. Please rest assured we will do our utmost to have your questions answered in the shortest time possible, and we expect to get back to you as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.””

Its kind of funny, that had enough staff to charge my card when I ordered it right away. I guess live and learn.

I opened a ticket on the 16th of this month, asking a simple question before I begin the return process (yes, I waited to NOT get in a massive queue) and after 9 days I sent a ‘nudge’ follow-up message, it’s now 11 days and other than the acknowledgment message shown in the image at the bottom, I’ve heard nothing.

Not an incident that requires logs, photos, steps to reproduce.

Couldn’t have been rude, no one has engaged me at all, let alone to upset me.

Is 11 days and counting acceptable, for a pre-return (due to recall) question?

Sorry to hear that. Like I said in my reply, my experience may be my own.

I’m sure you realize that payment and support are two different things. Not sure how that relates to having staff issues with support. Tickets are answered as they are a assigned, not on simplicity. Just food for thought.

To be honest, having been in both support, and sales (management) I personally wouldn’t be too keen to answer your last reply in a hurry. You may think it’s polite but it’s condecending. I’m sure the humans at BBL that answer such things are much more professional than I, so I’m sure they’ll reply. Although not as promptly as you wish.

4 Likes

Two times a part failing? You gotta get those numbers up!!

I’m on my 4th toolhead board on my P1S within 3 months of owning it. And the most recent one they’re sending out they sent to the Netherlands. I live in the US. So I’m still waiting on the part and I’m currently on 6+ weeks of my printer being unusable in the 3 months I’ve owned it.

Even if the percentage is super low, the CS is abysmal and unacceptable.

Lol :rofl: Well if we go by the ticket count, I’m sitting at [14] Resolved [3] Unresolved and [1] unresolved has been the VFA issue on the X1C since day [7] of owning it… It’s literally been a back and forth conversation of them sending me test models to print, gcode, to .3mf’s and me using all their settings and nothing changing, plus it goes automatically to resolved then I open up again when I have time to do what they ask of then goes stale and I’ll get a random response of “did you try what was state?” …

At this point they need to just claim the fact of VFA’s and Z banding being an issue. Maybe not for everyone but knowing I have 20/20 eye sight I see the imperfections quite easily :sweat_smile:

I mean I’m not going to hold the machine to CNC standards like it’s using ball screw servos, but I mean they sure do market the printers being flawless when they show all the printed models or they’re really good at photoshop.

I have purchased a P1S, an additional AMS and many other items from Bambu Lab Australia. I have communicated with support on a couple of occasions, more for help with profile settings and they have always been responsive and helpful! My P1S works beautifully, it is without a date the best printer I have used to date. CNET found that only 3 printers have been able to print their very complex test file. One was a Prusa and the other two were the Bambu Labs P1S and X1C. The Prusa took 5 hours, the Bambu Labs printed it in 2 hours! !'m not sure where you are located, but even if Bambu are difficult in your region, you should have consumer rights, or even make a charge back on your credit card.

What filament(s) are you using? My P1S is still going strong after a year and the original hot-end still performs ok, even though I print most days. I have found that some of the cheaper filaments you can buy ae simply not worth buying, as they they seem to often be brittle or stringy when printing. I would also recommend, if you haven’t already, that you look at some of the great add-ons that have been designed for the printer and the AMS. They certainly help. Having the filament go into the AMS extruder at a more vertical angle improves prints, saves stress on the extruder and also improves filament changes and retractions.

I totally agree with you John. You need to look at help on the Internet, for which there is an abundance of information. Try some different options, and as john said, provide detailed logs and even the g-code, if necessary, so that the support team can have a realistic chance for diagnosis. Remember a lot of support for physical products usually requires an onsite inspection by an engineer, so imagine how difficult it is to fault find when you are remote and have very limited information to help you. If a part appears to have malfunctioned, see if others have experienced similar issues. You may find that it is as simple as removing it, a quick clean and reinstalling. One of the big issues newbies have with the AMS, is when filament breaks at some point in the journey from the AMS. though to the Hub and finally the printer. I have found this occurs with ■■■■/cheap filament (you get what you pay for!) and moving the AMS, while filament is still loaded.

1 Like

It’s been a mix of Bambu, Elegoo, eSun, Overture, Polymaker, etc. All name brand stuff.

I’ve done a few mods to try to help with nonstop retraction errors I get with the AMS.

But none of those should cause the tool head board to fail 3x times in 3 months. And in actuality only a total of 6 weeks of sporadic printing with the printer not being usable during those weeks.

My concern is there’s a short somewhere else or something else fatally wrong that’s causing the TH board to constantly fail.