Calibrate axes XYZ for perfect measure

I would like to know if it is possible to calibrate the xyz axes to have perfect measurements. I made some 40mm test cubes but they didn’t come out perfect. How is it possible to calibrate the boards to have perfect measurements?

On older printers (Creality, Tronxy, Prusa and clones) this would be tweaking the e-steps of the motors. Can’t do that yet with BL.

Hi, You have to calibrate the filament, if you are not using Bambu Labs own. For me, I‘m do a ‚Pressure Advanced‘ and ‚Flow‘ calibration using the OrcaSlicer for each filament. This enhance the precision a lot.

1 Like

Is it automatic in the sense that the slicer produces an already set design or do I have to take files to print and calibrate manually?

Download OrcaSlicer and run it. It has a menu “calibration”, which has some semi-automatic calibration methods for use. Here you can get an overview: Calibration · SoftFever/OrcaSlicer Wiki · GitHub

So as I read the preyious posts there is no way to calibrate the Z-axis on the X1Carbon?
My printer prints a little too low in height. I printed a 120mm high housing part and it is about a millimeter too small at a height of 119mm, so it does not fit the target device.

Out of curiosity I just checked mine using a 40x40 mm cube. Tried two configurations:

1. Generic PETG / Tex. PEI Plate / .6 nozzle / .3 layer / No Flow Calib. = 39.6 x 39.6 x 39.6 (X, Y, Z)

2. Bambu PC / Eng. Plate / .6 nozzle / .3 layer / Flow Calib. = 39.5 x 39.5 x 39.25 (X, Y, Z)

Not sure what the Z toleratnce should be but this is close to what I was getting on my MK3S.