Can no longer connect P1P to Wifi, incorrect password error

I’ve had my P1P working and connecting fine in general to my network for several months but this morning it wouldn’t connect initially with bambu studio to send a print. Looking at the printer it seems that the IP address had somehow changed to 0.0.0.0. After several unsuccessful attempts from logging in/out of bambu studio (it is also the latest version) and via bambu handy to connect up i’ve even done a factory reset. The app goes through the process of binding but every time after entering the network password it briefly flashes up an error message associated with incorrect wifi password (but it is correct). So the printer now doesn’t have my id logged in nor is it configured for wifi.

Any suggestions??

1 Like

As an update, i’ve managed to get it back working now. I went to my modem and refreshed the channel mode which changed it to another one. The app then managed to accept the wifi password and logon to the account and wifi. The printer then had a firmware update message which has been successful. So now i’m back to normal again!

1 Like

Hi, do you happen to have xifinity? The admin tool no longer allows me to edit the channels. How did you go about doing it?

1 Like

For my problem it was a case of logging on to my router via a browser (e.g. using 192.168.1.254 as the ip address) and selecting a different wifi channel via the settings and allowing it all to reboot. There was no need to use dedicated software.

1 Like

For Xfinity, it appears that the newer routers do not allow user management of these settings. If you go in your xfinity app into WiFi details then edit WiFi settings, if you don’t see the option to change something, then it’s just not an option. There is no suggestion in Comcast’s documentation. I have the same problem as the OP and I’ve lodged a ticket, but will switch over to LAN only mode until I get an answer. Very frustrating when what should be a simple enter SSID and password becomes a technical nightmare with more variables than the moonshot algorithm.

1 Like

Anybody get this to work with Xfinity yet? It just happened to me today.

Bambu Lab was no help. I don’t think they really understood the problem. I still have the problem months later. What I did to work around it was to bind it to my phone’s hotspot. Sure, it eats up all of my 5G allotment every month, but at least I don’t have to move the micro SD card around every time. Someone in Bambu Labs knows this is a problem for a number of users, but apparently not enough to warrant someone taking a look at it. I suspect that Prusa would do better.

Honestly, my P1S suddenly decided to do the same thing just tonight.

I haven’t been Printing with it this past week. And suddenly, out of nowhere, My printer doesn’t connect to Bambu Studio for no apparent reason.

So after fiddling with the turn off, turn on, sign in, sign out, I sign it out of my wifi, and now it refuses to log back in and says my wifi has the wrong password when it has not changed…

And I live in a rental suite, so I checked with my landlords to be sure, and yeah, has not changed…

I just sent a Support Ticket to Bambu Labs, cause this is some Grade A Heckin BS. For 1000$(CAD) Printer, and for the core software to go wrong, leaving me no ability to fix it… It’s incredibly frustrating.

And to make matters worse, I unplug the SD card to manually send the G-Code to it, and lo and behold, I plug it back into the printer, the printer doesn’t recognize it, so I plug it back into my PC and it forces a Reformatting…

So lost everything I’ve had on there since.

So I plug it back into the Printer, it Reformats it for the P1S, swap back, get the G-code, plug it back into the PC, hit print, bash my forehead on the table out of frustration…

I got the same thing happening to my P1P starting a couple of days ago. Opened a ticket with Bambu and nothing. I dont have a damn adaptor from micro SD to USB to be able to move files like that, so at this moment i have a $800 CAD paperweight… So frustrating. I love my printer, but Bambu needs to do better on customer support and software, nothing in their FAQ as well, and i guarantee that when/if support contacts me back, they will say my password is wrong -.-… Im using a 2.4 Ghz Telus wifi modem by the way and it was working perfectly fine until a couple of days ago, and now is the incorrect password of death error message.