Can we use a longer PTFE tube for the AMS?

I’m kinda considering getting a second AMS, but the location where I’d like to put it can’t be reached by the standard length PTFE tube that comes with the AMS. I think I’d need about 10 cm longer of a tube. Anyone know if this is possible? I mean, I’m sure longer PTFE tubes exists… I’m just wondering the AMS can handle a longer than normal length tube.

1 Like

it works right off the gate once you let the printer boot and hook up each additional AMS once( one by one ) then the system will keep the index of each AMS you add. each AMS in the box does come with a spare coupler like it did when you received your printer and the added 3 PTFE ( different sized tubes, I used the longest one that came with the package and inserted that with the stock one that comes attached to the back of the AMS when you’re about to print the system will keep pushing out the filament till it hits the Hub sensors at the point. It’s as simple as that been working, now down the road I’m just planning to buy a spare ptfe maybe say 1 meter and make it one solid run snipping off what doesn’t get used. on this pic sorry for the angle the PTFE has been extended. just keep in mind to avoid sharp or tight radial bends, also my guess is Bambu went with 2.5 inner PTFE by 4 outer mm cause I have 3mm inner and the tube walls are slightly thinner but working. hope this helps

3 Likes

Thanks… I appreciate the info. I don’t think I got a coupler with my X1CC, but maybe I did and just lost it somewhere.

That said, I prefer a straight shot like you’re looking at doing. I found a 2.5mm ID, 4mm OD tube on Amazon that’s 1.5 meters (a little shy of 5 feet for my fellow Americans) that’s only $8 on Amazon, so I’ll probably pick that up at some point. That would be more than long enough for my needs.

2 Likes