Cannot connect to the printer - (Handy yes, Studio no)

Hello there,

How come bambu handy see my printer, and the studio app on macos does not?
Tried loggin off, app update, shutting down computer, using other network. Nothing works.

Might sound stupid, but did you power cycle your printer already?
It solves quite some problems.
Other then that, clearing the network settings and reapplying them after a power cycle might help too.

And are you using the cloud connect of BS or the lan mode?

@Felippe

• Do you have the Mac’s built-in firewall enabled?
  • Have you enabled LAN mode on the printer?
  • Did you install the Bambu Studio Network Driver plugin on your Mac?
  • Have you tried installing SoftFever fork of Bambu Studio (Orca Slicer) and does it have the same issue?
  • Do you have the printer on a separate vLAN or WiFi network from your Mac?

There are many potential issues that could cause this.

Issue resolved itself after 30 min after 3-4rd printer restart. I have used the printer for a month now. It was my first problem with connection. I suspect it could be because of weak wi-fi signal but who knows.
Answering your questions:

1. No
  2. No
  3. Yes
  4. No
  5. WiFi

If power cycle means shutting down the printer for peroid of time and running it back agine, than yes. I did it :). Didn’t try to clear the network though.

Yes, just unplug the printer for a bit and try removing all network settings and do another power cycle.
If that doesn’t help, resetting to factory defaults might be next step…or opening a support ticket.

I assume your Bambu Studio or Printer is not trying to use the LAN only mode, but the default cloud based access?

Glad that it fixed itself. Occasionally I have had that issue and a power cycle will fix it.

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, aber unter windows: wenn der Einrichtungsassitstent startet, sehe ich nur ein leeren Kasten. Ich benutze windows 10 und 11, das problem tritt bei beiden systemen auf. Ich habe auch mal die Orca Variante versucht, gleiches Problem. Mit dem Handy klappte das ohne Probleme. Die Variante mit dem Media player ahbe ich auch versucht; ohne Erfolg. Die im Drucker gespeicherten vorlagen kann ich ausdrucken; aber das ist nicht relevant