Cannot see video from A1 in BambuHandy

Hello,

I saw noticed something strange using the A1 and the Handy app. Everything seems to be working fine (I use it only for monitoring) but if I want to check out my live video stream I am not able to. No matter if printing or not it switches to video but shows only black screen.

Meanwhile I can monitor it from BambuStudio which means that everything is working.
As my X1 is not close to me I had only one chance to try if something is not wrong with the Handy app but for the X1C i can monitor everything without issues, live video and so on.

Anyway I re-installed the app as I was not receiving notifications for prints and this was messing me up. After re-install the notifications are working now but still black screen on video.
I have turned off timelapse but it is not showing video while idle.

So I suppose this could be a Bambu Handy question but then again it is happening only with my A1 (I have no P1 so I cannot check).

Anybody has seen this issue? Thanks in advance

1 Like

I’ve been unable to view the live feed since today too, not sure why.
Both the Bambu Handy App & Orca slicer fail to show the video.

I do not use ORCA for my Bambu Printers. With P1P and P1S i can see the point but with A1 I would suggest to try Bambu out. I am making some material to show differences, Bambu has some stuff that is hidden but works so fine

Have you tested from Bambu Slicer if the video is running?

I’ve seen a few YT videos where other users have this problem. So far no knows why it works for some & not others. It has been said Bambu is working on it, just no info yet.

It does work for though.

1 Like

My A1 mini has this issue as well. Every time I try to view it, it either shows black and never loads, or shows black for over a minute before showing a very choppy video

There was an Handy update last night for Handy & Bambu just released a AMS Lite update.

Thanks @lion7718.
I updated both and seems to be working for me now.

Great job BBL :smile_cat:

you may want to check permissions on your device. You may have the use of photos/video turned off on that app.