Can't find Change Type menu to change a part to negative

I have been trying to change a part to negative but when I right click on it the pop-up does not have Change Type on it. If I add text to my part I can right click on it and change type is there, but only for the text. How do I get to the change type menu for a part on my build plate?

1 Like

On your Privative part (the solid part you want cut out), right click and in the “Add Negative Part” menu select “Load”. This will allow you to pick a part that you want as a negative.

4 Likes

This is not what he mean… i used negative text everytime…i add text with text function and right click on it chose “change type” and make it negative…now after update its not possible…this “change type” is missing in pop up menu afte right click on it…i dont want to save every text as STL and load it like negative model like you said… its eat so much time for me…

1 Like

change type works for me. change to negative part

You’ve probably figured this out already, but I just ran into this and figured out why the ‘change type’ right click option disappeared. The objects first have to be assembled together (Select all, right click assemble) and then the change type to negative pops up as an option.