Can't the z-layer problem be solved forever?

Is the imbalance of the Z layer that appears when viewed from a different angle a problem that cannot be solved?

I tried all the solutions provided in the BambuLab forum but nothing worked.

I changed to Orca slicer, but the result was the same. Are there any users experiencing the same symptoms as me?

I tried live chatting with BambuLab but they only repeated to use a lower layer height

Have you read this article? Its less of an issue with the z axis movement than it seems, here’s a quote from the article:

Changes in the flow rate and print speed during printing can lead you in believing the printer has a Z banding or an extrusion problem, where in reality, the issue might not be related to the motion system and it’s actually related to the slicer settings used for the printed model.

Does the slicer preview show a lot different speeds for that face? Like this:

1 Like

it show same speed expect overhang

It can be due to many factors.

• The filament diameter tolerance, a slight diameter variation can do that.
  • The extruder gears aren’t’ perfectly centered
  • Temperature variations
  • Z axis precision (a already said check if they are clean, lubed and belts correctly tensioned.)
  • X, Y belts tension

I see, well, I’m no help to you :zipper_mouth_face:

Out of curiosity, are all the faces of the cube that bad?

yes all surface is unbalance,

i think too much extrusion

Symptoms improved when the extrusion amount was drastically reduced and the speed was increased.

But the corner part collapsed.

1 Like

it looks like over extrusion. And as You said when you lover your extrusion then walls look better…

i had same results as You, and also lowered extrusion and now it is better. But I also lowered temp. Because too high temp can cause that layer is more liquid and moves out of line.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m always learning.

I’ll found the sweet spot for extrusion in p1s.

But what is the root of this problem? I was using it well, but after a month, this problem occurred.

maybe different filament?

i’m always use bambulab original filament.