Can't Use Flow Calibration with PAHT-CF?

Hi All.

I’m trying to flow calibrate my 1KG spool of PAHT-CF. When I hit the ‘calibrate’ button I get a message about “Printing PA-CF with stainless steel may cause nozzle damage,” and the process seems to stop. (The calibration is never sent to the printer.) If I press again, the message pops up again. The only option on the modal is “OK.”

I have a hardened steel 0.4mm nozzle installed. How do I proceed with the flow calibration?

P1S
0.4mm Hardened Steel
Hardened Steel Extruder Gear
AMS
PAHT-CF
Engineering Plate

Hi,

You may have the Hardened Steel nozzle installed, but P1S cannot identify it.
You can select the installed nozzle using the P1S display, keypad up/down arrows to move, and the OK button to select. The procedure follows:

1. Using the arrow keypad(down), select the settings menu (third icon counting from the top) and press OK.
  2. Again, using the arrow down in the keypad, move until you see the accessories menu and press OK.
  3. Select the Nozzle menu and press OK.
  4. Select the 0.4mm Hardned Steell using the keypad and press OK.
    You should see an asterisk symbol in front of the selected nozzle.
  5. Your printer is ready to print the PAHT-CF.

If you prefer a video tutorial, you may try https://youtu.be/CSj7XvxLP2I.
I didnt check it thoroughly, but it seems accurate.

1 Like

Thank you.

Strange that the firmware stops me from calibrating without the nozzle selected in the printer menu, but does not stop me from printing…

Still, I’ll do as you suggest. Much appreciated.

@JayZay it turns out I had previously set the nozzle correctly in the printer menu. So this issue persists even while the printer nozzle has been set to “hardened steel 0.4mm”

Thats odd. Maybe the issue is within the slicer.
Check and, if necessary, correct the nozzle type in the printer preset.
See the steps in the following pictures:

1 Like