Chamber fan speed

Hi, all. Is there a way to stop the chamber fan from going back to 100% speed after a filament change? I adjust it to 80% speed to cut down the noise level at the beginning of a print, only to keep having to adjust it after a filament change. Tad annoying. Cheers.

That sounds like something buried in the firmware. As a workaround, you can add a buck converter to the fan line and limit the power to 80% for a similar effect (but 80% would be the maximum flow as well). I have a P1P and I’m think of doing that with a Noctua fan 12V fan. Seen it done in other threads and YouTube, and no complaints yet, so I’m assuming it works fine.

You might be able to get away with a start G-code entry, but I’d assume a filament change may overwrite that too, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Edit this code M106 P3 SXXX in the filament/advanced tab. 155 I believe is 50%.

; filament start gcode
{if (bed_temperature[current_extruder] >55)||(bed_temperature_initial_layer[current_extruder] >55)}M106 P3 S200
{elsif(bed_temperature[current_extruder] >50)||(bed_temperature_initial_layer[current_extruder] >50)}M106 P3 S150
{elsif(bed_temperature[current_extruder] >45)||(bed_temperature_initial_layer[current_extruder] >45)}M106 P3 S50
{endif}

Mike

2 Likes

Thanks! For your advice. :+1: