Change object color during print

“On the fly” color changes by individual object. Its smart enough to exclude individual objects so this seems possible.

2 Likes

Stopping printing of the object after it’s already started is comparatively easy. How do you change the color of an object after printing of the object has already started? Why would you want to change the color of an object after the printing has already started?

I would posit that the only time it makes sense to assign colors to objects is before printing has started. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@rocketsled again, “My situation doesnt need it so neither does yours”

I’m interested in your use case, or I wouldn’t have asked my questions.

Yeah, doesn’t make sense to me. Make it make sense.

1 Like

The biggest complication I can see with them ever implementing this is the prime tower. If changing the colour of an object introduces a new colour to a layer then there wouldn’t be room on the prime tower to prime the new colour.

1 Like

on the fly mid print or on the fly before the print starts? seems silly to not plan ahead for a filament change on just one parts.

I enjoy the control of the manual spontaneous and change the filament/color on the fly. Especially when adding a variation of color to layered surface lettering on prints. I thing that it would be a simple integration to change a color of filament with the same material. The prime tower wouldn’t be needed if it was instructed to leave the transitional color as creativity. Or an option of purging and wiping could be loaded if you wanted a clean look…

1 Like

All precautions seem silly in the absence of mistake.