Change printer name

Is there a way to change the printer name?

Yes,
you can do it in Bambu Studio or in the mobile App.
Mobile App → Settings → My Devices.

2 Likes

How would you change the name in the Mac version of the software? I am missing it…

Thank you!

Where in Studio (windows)? I don’t see it.

Is it another dumb cloud only feature?

@froboz: With Windows:

@ldflick I haven´t an mac so sorry can´t help here, but maybe same as in the windows version, maybe the screenshots help you too?

1 Like

I don’t see that edit icon so I guess that confirms it is another dumb Bambu cloud only thing.

Unfortunately on the Mac version there is no edit option on that menu. I was able to change the printer name on the App which transferred to the Mac.

There is a way to change it on bambu studio on Macos. The buttons are there, but are not visible. You have to try to aim for it. Not on the far edge, that is logout button, but a bit to the left of it. Silly but works.

Most admin stuff works best on the Bambu app

Pretty visible for me. One just has to hover the mouse pointer over the name:

Strange, not visible for me though. :confused:

You are hovering the mouse over the name?

Hovering or not it shows nothing. I mean, it is not big deal for me, since i know the trick. But i thing it is smth for front end devs to look into.

What is the trick? I purchased a few printers and need to name them so I know which printer I am sending prints to. TIA

Just click around here (yellow circle), there are 2 buttons. One for disconnecting printer, one for changing name. Dont worry, you will be asked if you really want to disconnect the printer before :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Felippe.
I see my printers, and when I try hovering all around that yellow area of any one printer, all over that line from left end to right end of that area very slowly, I cant ever see any edit button but only the logout button. And if I click anywhere on that printer’s line, I don’t get any confirmation but the printer gets disconnected automatically without any warning. Then it reconnects in about a second. If I click on the disconnect icon, i just get a confirmation that says “Log out successful” with an OK button. Then I have to reconnect. So I will wait for a fix on this. Until then I will have to save the existing names on a paper next to my computer so I can figure out which one is which.

This works, I would never have found it had I not known about the invisible buttons!