Changing the Diameter of the Nozzle

Hey guys i need some help, i have an A1 mini and wanted to print something with a 0,2mm Nozzle. So i swaped the original 0,4mm one with the 0,2mm and wanted to start printing but now i get a notivaction that the nozzle diameter is 0,4mm and the print profil uses a 0,2mm. How can i change the nozzle diameter which is in the printer? On my X1C there is an extra option but i dont find anything on my a1. Thanks

Use the dropdown menu.

There are only the printers i own.

Clicking the down arrow doesnā€™t give you the option to change from 0.4 to 0.2ā€¦??

No it just shows me the other printers

I notice that you are using bambu handy ,
is it in the option use my presets , turned of as a default, ?

I guess your going to have to use Bambu Studio.
Iā€™m printing right now, so I canā€™t test anything in Handy.

But why would u uplode 0,2mm print profils for bambu handy that cant be used. Thank u anyways.

Have you change the nozzle size in the settings of the A1 (mini)? On my P1P I have I can set the nozzle size to different sizes with and without hardened steel. Maybe the A1 (mini) has the same settings menu.

1 Like

No there isnt anything like that on the A1ā€˜s. My X1C hat an option for that too but i didnt find anything on the A1 Mini.

1 Like

On my X1C, the nozzle size is set with the touch screen, using the setup icon (hex), Maintenance tab, Accessories. Handy shows only the nozzle I have picked on the printer screen. Check all the options in your screen menus.

I think ā€œMaintenanceā€ is a strange place for this setting.

No Nozzle options at the maintenance menu nor the other menu options

1 Like

You need to add the profile. Same with Orca Slicer. Once you add the profile it will appear in the drop down referenced in an earlier comment.

I dont understand what kind of Profil i have to add. The printprofil on Bambu Handy i want to print is in 0,2 and the printer too, the only thing that doesnt work is that the printer has a preset nozzle of 0,4 which i cant change anywhere. Under the dropdown options in bambu handy isnt anything too.

This is an example , you add them in bambu studio as refrenced in an earlier comment
What setting do you use for a 0.2 mm nozzle?
Recommended 0.2mm nozzle settings?

Layer height : 0.12.
Initial layer height : 0.12.
Line width : 0.2.
Wall thickness : 0.6.
Infill : 20%
Temperature : 200Ā°-215Ā°
Flow : 95 - 100Ā°
Infill Speed : 80mm/s.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ender5/comments/15cm2uy/recommended_02mm_nozzle_settings/?rdt=41487

I wanted to use the print from Bambu Handy option the print profil is pre set to 0,2mm and my printer is pre set to 0,4mm, the thing i can change is the printer im using and my filament type not the nozzleā€¦
Where can i change what kind of nozzle is build in???

1 Like

Have no extra settings bc its allready pre sliced. I actually dont get whats the problem. Printer is 0,2mm, sliced thing is 0,2mm and the only thing stoping to print is that it says it has a 0,4mm nozzle build in but i cant change it anywhere to a 0,2mm.

I`m new to printing so this merely guess work , the A1 comes with 0.4 nozzle as a default hobbist printer, which has what i believe to be a set of 0.4 presets for layer heights and similar settings.
For the use of a 0.2 nozzle you would need to add a user profile to suit ,as i believe that the nozzle is intended for precise slow printing that gives better detail
you could also message the designer who may be better able to help you (experience)
And are you sure its not a layer heigh rather than nozzle size ?

Create a Custom Printer or Nozzle
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/software/bambu-studio/3rd-party-printer-profile

I just noticed this in Handy after I updated the A1 Mini, I donā€™t know if it was there before or not.

1 Like