Color change purge test pattern

When printing with different colors, it would be great if there was a test print showing how much filament must be purged to maintain the original color.

1 Like

This is great! As I mentioned elsewhere, feature requests need to go on the GitHub page for Bambu Studio:
New Issue · bambulab/BambuStudio (github.com)

Each brand of filament is different, so the way to do this is to catalogue how much volume of filament needs to be purged. This would mean purchasing and testing every color/texture of each kind of each brand of filament to see exactly how much volume of filament needs to go through to purge the dye, so that needs to be taken into account. What I think you should be asking for is to add a purge parameter to the filament profiles, and in that case suggesting that the profiles themselves be more granular (meaning an option to split the profiles out by color/texture and not just type and brand) since the strength of the dyes can even vary within a specific type and brand of filament.

1 Like

Hello,

The auto-calculation option for the filament colors should work most of the time, as long as the proper colors are set in the slicer.

If you want to fine-tune the purge amount for a specific color combo, I recommend trying to print four cubes, with every cube having a different color, then adjust according to that.

1 Like

I did some testing on this which I’ve uploaded to Printables. I believe this is currently the best/most efficient approach.

https://www.printables.com/model/288355-bambu-lab-x1cc-ams-colour-flush-testing-test-proce

1 Like

No one magically knows where to put ideas. You have far too many places. Why is there a feature request option here? I expect respectful discourse as we are having here. No one is talking down to me or saying what I am asking is impossible/stupid. That is the point where I was angered.

Granularity and modularity are what I have spent 43 years promoting to programmers, so your suggestion is welcome.

I asked if a cleaning filament can be used in another feature request. That may be a simpler solution than this expanded granularity. It would be a small amount of material between colors and might use the same purging between colors code. To switch between color a and color b has a flushing volume already. Just make it switch to the flushing/cleaning filament.

2 Likes

Very clear and scientifically valid approach.

This is true, but the amount of cleaning filament will again vary depending of the strength or concentration of the dye or coloring agent in the previous filament which will vary widely as I had just described. That is why it would be still essential to know the specific purge amount I had noted earlier that is specific to the color/texture of a type and brand. The cleaning filament is a good thought, but its volume will too vary depending on how much dye or coloring agent is present in the previous filament and how strongly it leeches to the heat zone of the hotend.

1 Like

Of course, which is why we told you where to go. :slight_smile: For the record, you were told it was impossible in the context of the program in its current release as you had posted under a community support section (not official support and not a feature requests section) on the Discord server. It is in the official moderation logs.

In either case, Bambu Lab graciously accommodated you by adding a second avenue here for making feature requests through this Features Request subcategory. Enjoy!

“Insubordination” is an insult. Are moderators allowed to be insulting when others are not?

4 Likes

I feel like I’m missing something here. Have comments been deleted

You are missing the whole point. Far too typical. I was asking about the color bleeding. I tried auto calc. I mentioned the swapper as an alternative. Rather than addressing my problem with the inefficient waste of purging and settings, your junior admin made me feel like a FOOL.

1 Like

Please refrain from comments like this (emphasis added to show where a rude and condescending comment has been made). We are here to help you but we cannot do much to help you with an inappropriate comment that adds nothing meaningful to the conversation.

I understand you felt embarrassed when the moderators listened to understand when you posted in the wrong location and where you were unclear in your titling and description. It is okay that you had made a mistake and that you were unclear in your responses, because we all make mistakes like that from time to time. This is why the Discord moderators worked so well in reaching out with follow-up questions and pointed you to the right places. Thanks for being willing to take correction and be a civil member of the Discord server. You are always welcome back there once you reaccept the rules there.

I made no mistake. Your assertion is insulting and you are so holier than thou that you cannot even see your arrogance. The AMS is not a great feature. I have every right to post that an alternative would be better without being told like a child that my post is in the wrong place and could not even be possible. THAT is the problem

The suggestion I was making was dismissed as stupid by your “moderator”. THAT IS WHAT YOU OVERLOOKED.
PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MAKING YOUR USERS FEEL DISMISSED.

This is under Bambu Lab Software > Feature Requests …
So how would this be the wrong section?

Not everybody uses Github.
Not everybody uses Discord.

Here’s the thing you are now gaslighting about. I referred to the idea of a nozzle swapper while complaining about how my black filament blended into my orange filament despite using the auto-calculate feature. The entire process is wasteful and inaccurate. I still believe a nozzle swapper would be a better solution, especially since my AMS is broken down and support cannot figure out the problem.

Your other admin chose to dismiss that suggestion as something he could not imagine working. THAT is his problem. He offended me by doing that. You and he then went on to offend even more, accusing me of gaslighting and now incorrectly assuming I was embarrassed. It is you and he that are in the wrong.

Maybe you should look up the word discord. I want no discord in my life, and so far that is all I get from you. Congratulations. It is you who prevented discussion. It is you who hide behind your rules and platitudes.

Maybe get off the offensive?? … I - just a fellow forum user - was in agreement with you RE: this being an appropriate forum section, from want I can tell.

I have every right to be offended when treated like a fool and then the offender lies about it and tells me I’m embarrassed about making a mistake. The moderators need to learn not to offend. PERIOD.