Color object removed after slicing [issue]

Hi, I’ve imported my two .stl’s into Bambu Studio latest ver. and loaded them as multiple objects. I’m printing them face down and each object is a different color as per pictures. The issue is that when I hit slice, the 2nd object (silver logo) disappears.
The only work around I’ve found is by downgrading Bambu Studio back to 1.5…
Pictures attached: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1: Bambu latest ver. pre slicing
2: bambu latest ver. post slicing
3. Bambu 1.5 (perfect)

Any suggestions on how to get this to work with the latest version of Bambu Studio would be much appreciated. Happy to share the .3mf file.

1 Like

This is happening to me as well in version 1.8.4

Add item 1 .stl with logo face down paint it black and center it, add 2nd .stl face down larger than the 1st .stl center it, select both items, assemble them, slice and the first item disappears, only when I make the 1st .stl protrude further than the surface does it show after slicing. but keeping this will fail to print. please fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Have you assembled the parts?

2 Likes

Please note the “assemble them” part of my reply :slight_smile:

I did miss that. Can you provide pictures of your problem as it isn’t totally clear what your issue is.

2 Likes

Sure, since this forum has media sharing blocked I was going to use a google link, but links are blocked too, how would you like to proceed?

It seems like instead of keeping the item flat like it is when assembled it shoves it 7 layers up into the other item, so weird, and this was working earlier this month.

These are the errors lol:

An error occurred: Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.

An error occurred: Sorry, you can’t embed media items in a post.

Looks like I am too new to post links or media