"Color Painting" with one color to form the base surface pattern

Hi.
I sometimes use the color paint function to color text ive made on the part. I model the text in solidworks and do a 0.01mm extrude cut, which allows me to fill the text with a different color. Using multiple colors takes extra time, and therefore i though it was nice that you could actually change the paint color to the base color and thereby save time and have the text just being formed by the extrusion lines in the base layers. However if you do this, and only have one color, the printer still goes to the purge possition and purges the filament, even though you only have one color / filament. The time save is therefor minimized. I guess this is a bug, and should be adressed.

If there is only one color present, even if the “paint” function is active, the printer should not purge between this. Or you should be able to have a “mark for outline drawing” function where you use the same paint function just to have the slicer make the pattern in the surface layer instead of using colors.

This is what ive normally done:

I want to be able to do this to save time, but for now it still use the same time and the same purge process:

Set your flushing volumes to 0 and turn off purge tower

Even if the color is the same, it is a different filament slot from a slicing perspective incl. potential different filament setting. So flushing (at least a little bit to switch filament) is required. Also what is the flush volume defined between slot 1 and 3?

If you switch for the text also to slot 1 I expect that you will receive a uniform surface and not the look you are for?
Not tried - but as the gcode contains the movement patters, what would happen if you commit print to select the same AMS slot when sending the file to the printer? Would be interesting.

One thing that you may can try