Complete p1s setup to x2d

Good morning. Currently, my setup consists of one Bambu Lab P1S + AMS + AMS HT connected via a 4-in-1 AMS Hub. I’m thinking about swapping the P1S for the X2D. Could I use my old AMS and AMS HT? What about the 4-in-1 AMS Hub?

What would be the optimal way to connect everything to take advantage of the X2D’s dual nozzle?

And changing the subject: I’ve seen a lot of negative comments about the print quality of the X2D. Have these early teething issues been fixed yet? I wouldn’t want to replace my machine with one that prints at a lower quality than my P1S.

I think all this questions should have answers in the docs. And I already have read somewhere that AMS 1 should be compatible with the newer models. At least this is what I remeber.

But as owner of X2D I would give you free advise to not SWAP but ADD X2D to your set up. So you will have both of them, if maybe X2D is not exactly delivering what you need in the first few days, weeks, months… :wink: .

I want to replace the P1S with the X2D mainly because I print a lot of parts that require supports, mostly printed in PET-CF from the AMS-HT

On the pure technical side - you should not have any issues.

X2D, like any Bambu printer, supports both AMS and AMS-HT.

4-in-1 AMS Hub is excplicitly for P1 models - so you won’t need it for the X2D. A simple 4-to-1 adapter will do the trick: Bambu 4-in-1 PTFE Adapter | Bambu Lab US Store

In regards to quality - the answer is not that simple. The secondary nozzle prints much slower than the primary one, and is more difficult to properly calibrate its flow. In small prints you won’t see much difference. But if you’re printing large things - I believe you will notice the quality difference between the nozzles.

One thing you need to keep in mind though, is that X2D is much less of a “plug-and-play” printer than the P1. If there are issues with the printer - they will be harder to handle (as the dual-nozzle design is much more complex than the single nozzle design). So I would recommend you to consider your use case and why you want to purchase specifically X2D (and not P2S for example).

I wrote about it at lenght here: The woes of owning an X2D - #59 by JamboBambu