Connecting to server?

What does this mean? Is BS sending my file to the printer over my lan? My printer doesnt have a lan port, so it must be going over wifi, right? Or is it sending over my wifi to the printer that is on wifi? If neither of the above?

If you have the printer in LAN mod, it sends the file over your network. If you don’t then it sends your file through the cloud (Bambu’s server) to your printer.

3 Likes

How do I put in lan mode?

Bambu’s wiki has an article detailing the steps.

3 Likes

I think I figured it out

If you are downloading files from MakersWorld some of those files come as projects, this could mean that the actual files location is not local but on a folder in the project within the MakerWorld site. It seems that when you load a project with all the settings it will need to access the cloud to find the proper info. The way I got around this issue was to export the object as a STL and then start a new project import the file and then re-slice. You will need to reset all the settings that were in the project file. i.e. supports etc. re-slicing the file locally will then allow it to be sent to the printer properly instead of trying to access the “server” and giving you a 4020 error because it’s looking for it in the cloud.
Seeya
M