Constant camera issues

Every couple of times I turn my printer on to start a print I get an error 90 and no image. According to the documentation, a 90 error means the printer isn’t “really” online. Whatever that means. The printer IS really online. Everything works and all telemetry is live except for the camera. Have the same issue on the handy ap.

Not related but I’ve also noticed that the printer doesn’t always boot up the same. For instance, sometimes the screen will show what is printing, sometimes it doesn’t. Seems like something is wrong with the current firmware on the printer. Printing is thankfully not affected. Nor is the ability to send jobs to the printer from Bambu Studio.

5 Likes

I have the same issue. Able to send prints, start prints, stop prints. Telemetry working fine. But no camera on live view, either in studio or the mobile app.

Did you find a solution?

1 Like

Hasn’t happened since two firmwares ago. So I’m thinking it was fixed in code.

1 Like

happening to me now … hating it . cant see camera on any computer mac/pc or iphone app

2 Likes

… sounds familiar.
I use my X1C printer almost daily, so it never gets turned off. I’m getting the -90 error intermittently, like once a week. I find that power cycling the printer recovers the camera, but if I lose the camera feed during a long print, no video monitoring possible; very annoying.
Unsure if the error that I am getting is a developing hardware issue or whether this is a software problem. My printer is 3m old. Anyone with more experience with this error?

2 Likes

Lately my camera goes out once in a while and I get the 90 error when I try to reconnect. It never did that before the last 2 Firmware updates. I have to power cycle the printer and then the camera resets. Hope they squash this bug.

2 Likes

Same here, thx for the resetting tip.

1 Like

Same here, easy to solve currently. Intermittent at best but like you said the issue arises usually after ive started a print. If I know the bed is clean ill send a print at work, then monitor afterwards its like muscle memory.

Restarting has fixed this for me everytime so far so thats at least good. Definity strange that its localized to the camera other functions remain, perhaps some kind of bug fix that idk restarts the camera software or code when you click play or something. Im a hardware fella so code isnt my forte but this should be addressed at some point by BBL hopefully.

2 Likes

I, too, am having this issue. Anyone find a permanent solution?

Just wanted to add another voice to this bug. Brand new X1C as of about 2 months ago, just recently started having this issue where everything works except the camera. All other data is live and you can send prints, just no camera feed and no accessing the SD card. Restarting the printer via the switch on the back fixes it everytime.

Add me to the list with my 3 week old printer

I have only had it happen twice and have also noticed that when this happens the time lapse recording seems to start at the time the camera view stopped. I am now experimenting with not using timelapse to see if problem still occurs.

Just an update…

So far my theory about timelapse is holding true. Turning off timelapse seems to have stopped the issue occuring.

This sort of makes sense as to why I never saw the issue for the first week or so as I did not have an SD card big enough to record onto (the memory usage for timelapse seems incredibly excessive)

I’m experiencing the same camera issues, but my error code is "Connect failed [-20015].

Anyone else getting this error?

1 Like

Same here it was not happening a few firmware version before. Current version 01.07.02.00. But realizing that do not need camera to look at as it has not been working for almost 2 months( that was the last time turned off the machine until today and camera is working again). Note that actual spaghetti detection was working so the camera is still operational just no connection to it