Contest Schedule Feb.23-Mar.18

Why not a contest using one or more of your LED kits or other kits you sell in your store? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

there is one Contest Detail - MakerWorld

they are fantastic gifts, especially for kids but don’t discount the joy of building for older folks too. it’s nostalgic to build a model, and these kit cards riff on that really well. they are also great examples for youth makerspace projects - they print quickly, consistently, require minimal adult supervision, and have the capacity to really amaze kids who don’t know much about making yet.

2 Likes

One idea , a motor kit contest .

1 Like

Already saw some very interesting ideas that we truly love!
Keep it going!

1 Like

Another contest idea: users with the most reports, copyright violations and stolen models actually get a ban instead of just a slap on the wrist.

4 Likes

aneopsy would win for sure :rofl:

A movies theme would be good.

Ideas for future contests:

• Vehicle cabin accessories (drink holders, phone mounts, console organizers, etc)
  • Wall art (silhouettes, hueforge, lights that shine patterns onto walls, etc)
  • Astronomy (telescopes, constellations, planetary models, etc)
  • House plants (watering systems, planters, hanging planters, etc)

Upcoming holidays:

• Easter
  • St Patrick’s Day
  • Mother’s Day
  • Memorial Day

Yeah!! More art more fun! +1 for this!

ok the wall art mw has too much hueforge and wall art

1 Like

would be good to see some shamrock themed stuff and some drinker oriendtied stuff too.

How about an AI contest where you create an image using AI and then a model from the image.

Maybe I’m just looking for an excuse to make a post apocalyptic ice cream truck.

3 Likes

I’d like to see the topic of filament poop for a future contest. The idea of the Filament Poop Lamp from finniminni (h**ps://makerworld.com/en/models/187223#profileId-206236) was such a great object and I would like to see more things like this for reusing filament leftovers.

when you add dates what time zone is this ? thanks

1 Like

I would love a garden or plant themed contest! :slight_smile: I also love the idea of a contest for puzzles, and one for astronomy or space themed stuff.

2 Likes

Hi, we will update the time zone feature in the near future, but most of our contest dates should be in the GMT+8 time zone. Thanks

3 Likes

a cool contest idea would be thing like 3d miniatures or characters or stuff that you can airbrush

No St. Patrick’s day contest? Have some models I was going to submit with it, but if there isn’t going to be a contest, I’ll go ahead and submit them ahead of time.

maybe a “Space Race” contest would be relevant, with all the advancements SpaceX/Nasa are making