Copy and Paste Object on the Build Plate

Select object on the build plate
Right click and choose Copy
Switch to another instance of Bambu Studio
Right click on the build plate and choose Paste

Discussion: This is pretty much the standard copy and paste function found in many applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and various Graphics Programs) Often I’m not sure of the location of .stl for an object I already have on a build plate. To put it on a build plate in another instance of Bambu Studio requires exporting/naming it and then dragging it to the other instance of Bambu Studio. A copy and paste function would really make the process fast and easy.

Thanks for an exceptional product!!!

4 Likes

Why use another instance of Bambu to do that? You can add another build plate and open your STL there, never leaving a single instance of Bambu Studio. You can then copy and paste between the plates or drag things around to whatever configuration you are needing.

You are correct! I have multiple projects, each of which has multiple build plates. I regularly have a one off need to do a single print of multiple objects from those different projects. A simple copy and paste function would make it much easier and faster to do that. I do it all the time in Microsoft Office and various graphics programs. There is no reason I should not be able to do the same with Bambu Studio. It’s basically a variant of the existing Clone Command.

3 Likes

I agree, copy paste should be available. My scenario is I have a single file with many plates as template. I want the templates intact and be able to just copy plate any object on the plate and paste it to another project so that I could print all the object I needed from multiple projects with multiple plates in it.

Thanks!

2 Likes