Correction (wiki vs store): PETG on textured PEI plate

In the Bed Settings section of the wiki it says it is NOT recommended to remove the upper glass when printing PETG on the Textured PEI Plate.

But on the BL Store page for the Textured PEI Plate it says:
“When printing filament with a heat deflection temperature below 60°C~80°C such as
PETG) the temperature of the hotbed is set above 60°C and it is recommended to remove the upper glass cover plate to avoid heat creep that can cause the material to sotten leading to abnormal extrusion or clogs”.

Which is right? Please correct as appropriate.

2 Likes

I don’t have the definitive answer, but i would tend to think that :

• the WIKI (Filament & plate compatibility and parameter settings | Bambu Lab Wiki) is the more up-to-date source of informations (the page you are speaking about has been last edited a few days ago)
  • per my experience : i’m printing a lot of PETG with a X1C, and i’ve never removed the top glass - until now, i had no issues regarding the filament itself (no abnormal extrusions). Of course this cannot be taken as a general rule, your mileage may vary depending on the PETG you are using
2 Likes

The exhaust fan, or chamber temperature control fan I think they refer to it, should handle problems with the chamber getting too hot. When printing with PETG, my chamber never gets to 40C.

2 Likes

@CLine Thank you for pointing out the inconsistency!

1 Like