Creality Printer equivalent

Hey guys. I’ve had really bad experience with the creality printers as I’m horrible with turning the wheels and leveling the bed. Does anyone have a printer equivalent to a bambu lab printer? I mean absolutely no bed calibration. I just like the Bambu lab printer that just does a small calibration before each print. Can some recommend one?

Any printer model from Bambu Lab has auto bed levelling and way more regarding calibration.

The most suitable model depends on your goal with a 3D printer and budget.
The entry models are the A1 (Bambu Lab A1 | Desktop 3D Printer | A1 series) and A1 mini (Bambu Lab A1 mini | Desktop 3D Printer | A1 series). If within your budget, buy the AMS combo.

If you want to print more demanding filaments, you have the P1S (Bambu Lab P1 Series | Reliable Out-of-the-Box Performance) and, at the higher end, the X1C (Bambu Lab X1 Series | Desktop 3D Printer | X1-Carbon - Bambu Lab). There is an upgraded version of the X1C, the X1E(Bambu Lab X1E 3D Printer), focusing on Business and Institution customers.

I’m confused, are you wanting people to recommend a printer like a BL printer or like a Creality printer or a Creality printer that’s more like a BL printer?

Prior to you clearing that up…

I had a Creality CR-6 SE which had full bed-levelling, didn’t even have springs and didn’t require a BL-touch (or equivalent). It was superb. I never once worried about bed-levelling and the touch screen was excellent.

Due to ill-health I gave up 3D printing until I grabbed an A1 mini at launch and it look everything I loved about the CR-6 and made it far, far better. The screen is a little small for my poor eyesight though.

I grabbed an A1 (not mini at launch) for the bigger build plate dimensions (closer in size, but, bigger than the SE-6) and it was also great.

The bed levelling is perfect on both, first-layers are only a concern if I failed to clean the surface after significant use. A quick warm water and soap clean later and off the the races. I grabbed an AMS lite for each.

With the A1 recall, I’m taking the advantage to grab a P1S instead and two AMS units to start.

There are other printer manufacturers, but, the quality and speed compared to the older style printers is like chalk and cheese.

All Bambu’s have bed levelling (compensation really), as do the latest Creality’s. I have had no major trouble with my Bambu printers to date, I also didn’t have much issue with my old Creality either.

You will find people do have genuine issues, nothing is perfect, if you do have problems you need the ability to fix things to a certain level with reasonably good repair guides.

all Bambu and almost all new models above very entry level have automatic Z and automatic bed leveling . I think every one is adding it these days
Some even have automatic electrical tilt calibration
And even Bambu have the turning knobs if and when needed :slight_smile:

Just check the specific model
Qidi, Prusa Mk4, Creality , .

From Bambu options P1S is best value for the money for me , but relatively happy with my X1C.

1 Like