Creating round edges or straight chamfers on a

… cube for instance. I did do a search for my question, but couldn’t find any info.

I know that Bambu Studio has some basic design options, like adding and doing nice stuff with cubes, circles and so on. But what if I would like to create chamfers and or rounded corners on let’s say a cube, is that possible within Bambu Studio, or should I create that in ‘real’ 3D design software?

You can do cuts on your model in BS. But you’re limited to a flat plane.
You could in theory trim the corners of your cube with the cut tool to make a chamfer.
Use the “Cut tool” and angle your cutting plane to the desired chamfer.
Fillets (round corners) would be difficult to do with a flat plane.

1 Like

OK, too bad, but thank you for the info.

A bit fiddly, but I think similar to how hard it used to be in Tinkercad (which is the reason I moved onto Fusion 360).

But what you can do is create a ‘fillet cutting’ stl shape - and then use that as a negative part scaled and positioned over the edges to round off.

Steps to create the cutter STL.

1. On a blank project add a cube and cylinder primitive shape overlapped as in the picture - with the cylinder scaled to about 110% on the Z axis.
  2. Assemble the two objects
  3. Boolean Difference - with cube as part1 and cylinder as part2 and delete input selected
  4. Save the cutter STL - by using file export
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 13.49.09

To Fillet -
Add saved fillet cutter stl by right clicking on the object to fillet and load in the cutter as a negative part

Scale and rotate it to cover the edge to be filleted.

Then when you slice the model the corner will be rounded off

3 Likes

Wow!
I’m still learning.
Thanks for the detailed tutorial!
I never knew that could be done.

Thank you Dave, that ‘procedure’ looks like a pretty easy way to achieve what I want. :+1:

If anyone finds this, I was able to at least make circular prints easily, make a negative torus and scale to slice a circle in the middle.