Current of the 6500K White LED Light Strip

I wonder how much current the LED light strip ‘6500K White LED Light Strip’ in reality used or is specificated for. Unfortunately I don’t find the information in the shop:

I looked at the leds from the US site.

I looked at a few datasheets.

According to those lights they pull 150mA at 6v. Per led.

To run the whole spool you would need a power supply that delivers 4.5 amps minimum.

1 Like

I think there is a calculation error, 150 mA sounds a bit too much for a single LED. I would expect 5-20mA :see_no_evil:

A 5V 2835 led strip at 60led/m requires between 1 and 1.2A per meter, about the same as a COB strip at 320leds/m. A 5 meter 2835 led strip under 5V requires about 5/6A. This is consistent with 20mA per led you’ve quoted.

Interesting. So the mainboard does regulate the current? As it only provides 1.5A:

I went by one of these datasheets

1 Like

If you look at the picture on the led strip page, it shows 4 segments of about 16/17 leds each which is about only 28cm or even 30cm if 18 leds per strip with a total length of 1.2 meter. Current in this case will be below the 1.5A rating of the USB plug. Yes, you purchase a 5m roll and only need about 1.2m :slight_smile: Better off purchasing smaller length on amazon, it will be cheaper.

Edit: As the strip provides a solder point every 10cm, the strips are certainly for sure 30cm each to make ir easier to build.

Maybe this photo helps.

Full 5m LED strip connected to a USB power bank.