Custom Filament Deletes Self After Set in AMS

Using Bambu Studio 1.8.2.56 on OSX 14.1.1
GMP_Q29tcHJlc3NHSDAw_3

Edit: Didn’t realize GIF was trimmed, replaced with full GIF

If that is what you are doing your clicking close, not confirm. So, you never selected the custom filament.

1 Like

I have this same behavior using Bambu Studio 1.8.2.56 on MacOS 14.1. Device is an X1 Carbon with firmware 01.07.00.00 and AMS firmware 00.00.06.40.

I am definitely hitting “confirm” and not close. Once I set a custom filament in BambuStudio it is never saved in the AMS. If I try to set one from the device itself rather than from the slicer, the custom filaments don’t even show up on the device. I have tried signing out of and back in to both BambuStudio and the X1C itself.

(I attempted to upload a gif of the slicer behavior here, but get a “you can’t embed media in posts” error when attempting to do so. Suffice to say it looks identical to the above gif except i actually click “confirm”)

That was only the first part of the screen cap that I intended to remove. Accidentally trimmed off the rest rather than trim that part. My bad. Uploaded the correct video

Updated the GIF. And my firmware versions are identical.

If this is the same issue I had you need to remove the printer from Studio and scan the barcode again to reconnect to the printer.

Hope that makes sense, I am at work.

I have this same behavior using Bambu Studio 1.8.4.51 on Windows 11. This quest is now für more than 3 month not solved? How to use custom Filament in AMS?