Custom filament profiles

Where are custom filament profiles stored? After update from the Bambu-Studio software my profiles have disappeared :rage:

3 Likes

For windows

C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\BambuStudio\user\default\filament

If they are not still there I guess install wipes them out. You can also export and import profiles, however, exported profiles are complete while profiles you create in Studio inherit from base profiles and only contain changes. That means updates to base profiles will propagate to your created ones.

Thanks for the info. I found it but not in the “default” file, there’s another file with a strange number as file-name.

1 Like

That may be because I have never used Studio logged into an account.

I’m trying to use a custom filament, CF-ASA, which is not a option in the filament options. I am wanting to be able for the machine to store this custom filament profile that I have made and to be able to save it to the machine, AMS. I want to do this to be able to press synchronize AMS in the slicer and it be right. Is there a way to do this easily? I am using two machines so doing this is the best way for me to keep track of everything. Also I found that if you place four filament rolls in the AMS and then take out the first one it rolls all the others forward in the slicer, which is annoying. Is their anything I can do to make it stop doing this and to leave the port that is empty empty?

I´ve the issue that my custom filament was not loaded.
There are all in my [account]/filament path, but not loaded in BambuStudio

they still did not fix the damned issue as I just learned! Extremly unneccessary and annoying! no warning either! Desaster :frowning:

I found the adjusted profiles that I made in the folder containing a “number as name”, not “user default”.
But they are there.
Am I right to think this?
I want a backup of my adjusted profiles, so I copy the folder with content to another location (NAS).
In case I need to do a clean install of Bambu Studio, I would copy these files back from the NAS to the computer where I used Bambu Studio.
That would be sufficient?
Thanks!