Custom file names for the time lapse videos

When you set time lapse before you slice the file it would be great to have the ability give the file name a better name. Also… if there is anyway for the thumbnail to be the last frame of the video that would also be great.

2 Likes

If not a custom name, then at least appending the file name of the model would be a huge help. Personally, I don’t foresee taking the time to manually pre-name timelapse videos, but if their file names included the model name, that would be incredibly helpful.

Strong agree on the thumbnail. Taking the thumbnail pic after the bed has moved to the bottom of the enclosure leads to thumbnails like this, which are pretty useless.

The last video frame is much more descriptive and helpful at identifying the model being printed.

1 Like

Right? I would be thrilled with just a better thumbnail.

2 Likes

I fully agree.

On my side, after each print, i immediately download the timelapse, delete it from the printer (still through Bambu Studio), and store it (with name unchanged) in a dedicated folder with proper naming and also containing the corresponding .stl and .m3f.

But indeed, if one is not carefully following that kind or procedure, it’s quickly becoming a mess, which would easily be avoided if the simple ideas described in that topic were in place.

1 Like