Hi,
I’d like to suggest an important improvement to the Cut tool in Bambu Studio.
Current limitation:
The cut operation is based on an infinite plane, which always affects the entire model.
This makes it impossible to cut only a specific part of an object.
Example (see attached image):
I have a cylindrical shape with decorative petals on the outside.
I want to cut only the inner rim of the cylinder, without affecting the outer elements.
At the moment, this is not possible because the cut applies globally.
Suggested solution:
Introduce a scalable / bounded cut area instead of a full infinite plane.
For example:
- a circular cut region (like a cylinder with adjustable diameter)
- or a rectangular bounded cut zone
- optionally movable and scalable in X/Y/Z
Benefits:
- precise local edits directly in Bambu Studio
- no need to use external tools like Blender or Meshmixer
- faster workflow for modular and decorative models
- especially useful for MakerWorld creators
This would be a huge upgrade for modeling flexibility inside Bambu Studio.
Thanks!
