Details lost during slicing

Hi everyone,

Pretty new to the Bambu Studio and would need your help.

We’ve created a model in Fusion360 that is a stamp with some text.
When importing the model, the text is shown correctly but after slicing it, we lose half of the text.

But after the slicing, text is lost

I tried to play with the quality parameters and speed but no luck.

Any advice or good tips?

Your nozzle can only lay down lines roughly as thick as the nozzle diameter. Anything smaller is normally not possible.

So you could switch to a smaller nozzle like the 0,2mm one and slice it again to see how that would come out but I am afraid, FDM is just not the right prozess for such details.

MfG Christian

What you could try is to change from ‘classic’ mode to ‘arachne’ - arachne is a bit more flexibel in case finer details are required.

Hi Christian,

Thank you for your reply.

While it makes sense if the details would be really too small, in this case, I was able to slice it correctly with CURA and print it on an old ProFab (Monoprice MP mini) with a 0.4mm nozzle.

So it seems more likely to come from some parameters that I don’t grasp yet or a slicer algorithm that drops some vertex.

Did you figure this out? My Prusa M3S with .4mm nozzle can print fine detail text. If I select my Prusa in Bambu Lab Studio and slice my model, the text shows with all the detail. If I select my Bambu Lab P1S and slice, the text loses most of the detail. In other words, I can see the loss of detail by looking at the sliced model in Studio. It must be a printer configuration setting or simply some hard-coded limitation in the P1S printer settings.

1 Like